Security Installer Community

Texecom Speech Dialler

zurrieq

IIRC,even with the one or two beeps there is still no way of knowning if the panel is set or unset. If the panel is already armed dialling in and switching the output on will unset it. If the panel is in unset state and you dial in and switch the output on it will set the alarm. You will only know the status of the relay, not the panel.

I could be wrong.

I would have to double check but I am sure the "Latch Key" attribute means that this will not happen. Closed is unset, open is armed.

The GSM Module would be better for this application.

I would have to double check but I am sure the "Latch Key" attribute means that this will not happen. Closed is unset, open is armed.

The GSM Module would be better for this application.

Extract from the manual:

16 - Latch Key

This zone type can be used to arm and disarm one or more areas. When the zone is activated, the areas assigned to the zone will arm. When the zone is secured, areas assigned to the zone will disarm. Tamper faults will not arm or disarm anything, but will cause a Tamper alarm.

The GSM Module is too expensive and I already got the speech dialler now :)

Can I buy a cheaper relay such as this one - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12-Volt-Relay-Pack-2-/150556639474?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item230de000f2 ?

That relay will be fine for the Latch Key but you may need a heavier duty relay for the garage door.

Why? I have a remote controlled garage door. The garage door has a +ve and -ve feed which i connect to a bell-type switch through cat5. When i use the switch the + and - form a circuit which opens or closes the garage depending on what is the next task. If I connect the relay to this mechanism in parallel, it should work... no?

Why? I have a remote controlled garage door. The garage door has a +ve and -ve feed which i connect to a bell-type switch through cat5. When i use the switch the + and - form a circuit which opens or closes the garage depending on what is the next task. If I connect the relay to this mechanism in parallel, it should work... no?

In that case maybe not, some may.

I can't see it being a positive and negative feed, more a positive and switched positive.

Parallel - if your bell-push is a normally open switch going closed.

It says "Bedford" on the buses but they don't all go there! ;)

hehe true... the diagram shows a normal switch on the left and the supply from the operator. I will connect the relay to the operator as the diagram shows with the stich and that should do the trick. :)

Archived