Security Installer Community

English Heritage Security Group

james.wilson

We do some of their sites at the moment, we have to do things like spray dome housings matt black or we have done some brown to match brickwork

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

you need patience by the bucketload,

still giggle about a house that was restored, ready to be openned to the public. i'd gone to connect the signalling.

one of the Guards was rolling about, i knew him from working their, asked what was on. he points to a guy up a ladder, i ask "so what" he replies "watch".

the guy on ladder drills a hole 1 1/2" with circular cutter, then refills it, and paints. now i kid you not, he had been engaged by wildlife section to make holes to give access for bats - even though the buidling has never had them,

so he starts work, hour or so later another guy turns up, horrified at the holes being cut and complains he had been informed all restoration building works (which ran into over £11 millions) were completed, what was he doing?

so guy on the ladder shows an order for him to make the bat holes, astonnished the EH guy says "we can't allow that, all the antiques and tapastries would be ruined", so guy on th ladder askes "should he stop"?

the answer is and i kid you not not "i can't countermand another departments instructions, but i can issue an order for you to close up the holes and make good" - priceless!

and yes i can name the building (but not in here).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

it was just a question for radical ideas. Problem they have is remote sites, no power, maybe no std mobile coverage. Talking about volunteers and big society etc but i think there is an electronic solution somewhere.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

maybe they should let ppl live in them for peppercorn rent, maybe be less restrictive on refurbishment (like the french), maybe get off their high horses on some of their sites.

£500/day charged for one of their guys to stand and watch labourer knock up cement with right amount of cockleshells mixed in?

Archived