Security Installer Community

Best Way To Protect Double Glazed Doors

looops

As one who work on service when foil was king,

You get splits at the blocks, they also get knocked off by window cleaners and you also get faults at the corners,

Been to countless intrussions where the glass split under the foil but did not break it

Oh! I Nearly forgot about condensation, causing partial shorts and earths, by the time you get there it's dried up so NFF.

Give me glass break unit even an old fashioned vibro every single time please. And foil is ugly to :).

So what about external beams or internal ones, perhaps get old, down and dirty with pressure mats ;).

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

As one who work on service when foil was king,

You get splits at the blocks, they also get knocked off by window cleaners and you also get faults at the corners,

Been to countless intrussions where the glass split under the foil but did not break it

Oh! I Nearly forgot about condensation, causing partial shorts and earths, by the time you get there it's dried up so NFF.

Give me glass break unit even an old fashioned vibro every single time please. And foil is ugly to :).

So what about external beams or internal ones, perhaps get old, down and dirty with pressure mats ;).

Arfur

Yes had this the other week with an older system. Multiple activations throughout the night, yet it was clear when i arrived.......... This was when it was really cold a few weeks ago. I presume the adverse temperature would cause problems? Shops heated in the day, cold at night, condensation etc? I hacked it off as there was a PIR and a Glass break in the area!

Archived