Security Installer Community

I-On 160

hpotter

Problem with knockouts in the side of a premier case is, the side of the case is part of the lid, if you put cables through it how would you get the lid off, without the risk of damaging cables?

Take your point an batteries and zip tie points, and i agree the knockouts are a cow to get out

Give me some credit lol

I mean down the sides of the panel not the lid, as in the back plate. Its the one thing i like about Risco panels over yours, they have the best cable entry and panel mount i've used.

isnt there an issue with access to panels at grade 3? ie you cant have to many close to the edge and spacing the panel further away might break that reg? Adding more holes close to the edge would make it more of an issue?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

isnt there an issue with access to panels at grade 3? ie you cant have to many close to the edge and spacing the panel further away might break that reg? Adding more holes close to the edge would make it more of an issue?

That smacks of a restriction being in place for no practical reason. Ideals over reality.

its to prevent access to the panel so i dont agree. On G2 id agree its less of an issue but on g3 if someone gained access to a panel with easy access holes then its possible to gain access. Granted not likely but still possible.

Not a problem really as long as you dont have holes in the wrong place.

My fave one, and i`m sure others have done this.

Galaxy panel above it a Smart PSU above that another. So all stacked on top.

Then try and put the lids on the bottom two...........................you cannot!

Need a 3CM gap ideally. Had to refit :S

Or now I know some nice standard 20mm electrical spacers. Plus side it bolts them all togetherLD

Feck knows, thats why i buy them with G3 stickers on.

They could get around it by standing the PCB off the back plate and have some cable entries, aslong as the plug on STU still fits.

im not sure as its a mnufacturing reg, not an installer one. But im sure there is measurements and max aperture size etc. Grade 4 is tightest etc. Its something like 5mm for g3, but 10mm for g2

agreed. Im sure we have all done it once.

I know quite a few who have done it far more.

...or up to a ceiling tile, you know the one with the two tracks where the lid scrapes.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived