Security Installer Community

Dualcom vs Redcare Secure

So basically redcare gsm seems to be the product we should be using

And the problems we have seen to be GPRS based. Wonder if the recent moves by redcare back to o2 and Dualcom with its world sim, does this suggest a vodafone issue?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

lol, sounds just like dualcom issues we have. I think we may be using worldsim as standard soon, as the on site survey with their meter seems to be pointless.

A little hint to some of our issues, i found out GPRS fail had been put on log only on all our ARC's dualcom sites, and it wasn't us or the ARC that asked for this.

Site survey is useless I agree it makes little difference to the overall risk of signal failure.

I am going to check this now on all RMV's and make our lads aware, I think I will write the status on the sheet.

In our early days of using DualCom we had an issue where DUALCOM had not turned on the POLLING.

Of course this wasnt picked up by ARC or Alarm co for some time.

So basically a digi using GPRS

the engineer was meant to enable polling on early units (2)

So basically redcare gsm seems to be the product we should be using

And the problems we have seen to be GPRS based. Wonder if the recent moves by redcare back to o2 and Dualcom with its world sim, does this suggest a vodafone issue?

I agree GPRS seems a poor path especially on Vodafone. We are now fitting G3 World Sims as standard this helped alot. Sometimes however a world sim will not get a signal on any GPRS it switches about but never gets strong enough.

Fair enough some places have bad signals; but why can I get a clear GSM phone call out to Custodian, while standing next to the panel?

O2 seems better for most things mobile related IMO.

GPRS - quote taken from wikipedia.

"It is a best-effort service, as opposed to circuit switching, where a certain quality of service (QoS) is guaranteed during the connection."

BEST EFFORT - as and when where not to busy?

Yep, it does seem a problem. But I have discussed this at length and I'm told that gprs is not a problem if the implementation is correct. This leads me to suspect the current setup employed by the big 2 isnt, and is currently set up to hit a price point.

I remember the early days of redcare gsm and it was criticised for using gsm etc. This does seem to have been a better system than GPRS

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I remember the early days of redcare gsm and it was criticised for using gsm etc. This does seem to have been a better system than GPRS

Thought GPRS was the newer verison of GSM & the mordern dualcom will go backwards to GSM if the GPRS won't work ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived