Security Installer Community

Goodbye To Aplex

Kenzo

Just took delivery (for spares) of what I guess will be our last Aplex 100, Aplex Keypad, 3 Block Software, A Lems, Quad Lems and C Lems, all now retired by Europlex. While I am many years dealing with Aplex (remember Zonaplex) on both installation and maintenance, I for one won't miss them. Lifes a lot easier without 'Literal Edit'.

Bye Bye Aplex and remember folks don't hit accept when the display says "ZAP? " - I learned that one the hard way.

europlex was a big fovourit of Romec, used a lot in APC's. guys i've spoke to from Romec were not overly keen, it was my impression, seemed very glitchy.

Arfur

most romec stuff I've seen is ts networker, galaxy, or old in house stuff

http://www.europlex.ie/news.html

thought the 3gs was specced by a few banks & supermarkets, I assume the signet supports all the expanders ect?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

As far as I am aware there is no backward compatability with SigNet to any older Europlex Systems.

While the Aplex stuff was a pain to program variations it was very stable (when fitted correctly) and in the late 80's and early 90's not many others were putting 100 zones on a 6 core (albeit with 50 A Lems).

Anyways glad its gone, I like the new SigNet stuff. GSM Module(soon to be GPRS) is neat and works well also they are introducing eCOMpro alarm monitoring software for central staions. IP is primary comms path with PSTN/GSM/GPRS as backup this along with the door access controller it looks like they are chasing the Galaxy/Texecom markets.

Can anyone confirm if it's all being rebranded as Siemens or is that just in mainland Europe.

Archived