Security Installer Community

Small Monitor

whistle

Non yet, like the look of the in car type ones but TBH i dont think any look good enough for the house i want to fit it in.

I have some time in the office tomorrow so will do some ringing round.

We have already fitted the cctv but my customer wants to loop through the camera covering the front door and have the monitor in the hall so he can check who's there.

might be expensive, buyt have you concidered door entry monitors? BPT for instance do a really snappy small 4" one, might need some farting about with the wiring . others are out there used hands free (i.e. with no handset).

alternatively use a car type but make your own bezel to match decor, it's not hard using picture frame mouldings.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

good point

bpt do this

bbdbda8d8ab8551c186d6966e5f83166.image.120x64.jpg

thats the surface version, which is not bad tbh, also they do it in flush chrome or polished brass/gilt finish, really is very nice looking it has to be said, also with good audio to.

i know it accepts composit video as i commisioned a set about 2 years ago, so it should only be a matter of power and 'wake up' connections to get it to work. as to how it would handle 24/7 operation is another matter, but thats the same for most small screen alternatives.

Videx and Raytel do a 5" monitor that have a flush option, many ideas out there.

Arfur

About 2.5" deep, retail with back box and brass/stainless mount £400 ish.

Need power to activate, otherwise they burn out. as in switched from PSU.

Fitted and replaced loads, hence not reconmended them. But a top unit all the same.

Been upgraded to this.

http://www.doorentry...roducts_id=3807

But you can feed two cams and use the "view" button to switch between, fed by coax. Nothing fancy. But it has to go thru the BPT switcher.

you would think in this modern world of integration someone would make an intruder flush mounted touchscreen keypad designed for cctv integration....

whistle.gif

Is that the dimension touchscreen James? And you can put cctv feeds through it?

its definetly the flush one, afaik bpt dont make a surface housing. the thing is about 2" deep

I'll go remove the one I fitted and tell the client it's an imposter ;).

May have been specially made, house was just was dripping with such novelties, and I did not supply kit but got it working.

Arfur

I'd most small monitors and those for dor entry are not designed for 24/7 operation, I have used the VIDEX ones no probes after nearly 3 years.

I Just explain to client this fact and given use no warrantee offered by makers, helps save any arguments later.

Arfur

Archived