Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts 900 Remote Reset

jaelectrics

Hi,

I'm an electrician and doing some work for a customer that involved removing power to their alarm system.

The system is a Manvier ts 900 and had a flat battery. I have changed this but now need to reset the system. The system is out of contract with Chubb and requires a 'seed code' to reset the alarm so it can be used following the installation of a new battery.

Is it possible to get the 'seed' code without getting a new contract with chubb?

Any help would be much appriciated.

if you only wipe the codes I'd suggest checking the rest of the progging carefully. you is liable after.

personally would do full reset & prog from scratch, then full check all on system.

have taken over jobs before where old firms engineers have been called out of hours, and simply disabled kit in progging, customer unaware etc. we re-enable & suddenly they get false alarms. so check, & get customer to be aware of the potential pitfuls.

I was hoping to save my customer some money.

no good deed goes unpunished :whistle:

my advice would point the cleint towards a proper alarms co.

I suspect the non contract alarm had more faults than a duff battery the more you meddle with it the more likley the client will expect the "while your here mend it for free"

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived