Security Installer Community

Karizma Alarm

pa10

I have moved into a house with a karizma alarm, it is showing as a fault, but asks for a E CODE, the company that installed the alarm have gone bump, does anyone have any ideas, local alarm firms say they don't deal with it?

Post your location here if you like, they are workable so you may find someone who will fix it for you, but most will advise an upgrade.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

i'm guesing this is the LED display version, likely a power down, new battery and power back up will sort it out, butyou need to know the user codes to stop sirens when powered back up.

Karizma, and Karizma+ (which had the LCD keypad option), used iD technology, this has a 'biscuit' in each detection device and allows all detection to be interconnected, with less cabling.

very advanced and secure but not loved by all engineers, as faults can take a bit more effort to sort out in the case of shorts, why your not getting to many takers locally, to make conventional will likely take at least partial or full rewire, so or if your decor is a concideration perhaps go with replacement wireless,

i'm one of the exceptions who do like iD and could fit another make of panel onto your existing detection, but this may be just as expensive as a rewire, even mor so on a simple 2 up 3 down house system, where a budget panel would suffice, to stay with iD will need a more sophisticated panel and an additional interface..

if you post your area and nobody responds, i'd suggest to concider getting quotes to start from scratch.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

IMHO panel is looking for engineer reset, It may have been a system on signaling or more likely there a fault on the loop eg tamper, twin device, short ect... which need the input of an engineer familiar with these systems.

Now I can suport you if your located where i think you are if you want info send me a PM

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

IMHO panel is looking for engineer reset, It may have been a system on signaling or more likely there a fault on the loop eg tamper, twin device, short ect... which need the input of an engineer familiar with these systems.

Now I can suport you if your located where i think you are if you want info send me a PM

no pm's until 5 posts Mr H im afraid. Maybe we should look at adjusting that. Reason for it is to prevent pm spam. Obviously not needed in this case. Ill allow pm rights for this member.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

imho good idea James,

tbh if anyone needs advice we can at least assist via pm without openly risking trade secrets posted for all to read, or where the advice needed may actually be a bit embarresing to point out in open forum to them.

can you also extend the time allowed to edit a post? real pain with my spelling and using a Iphone :rolleyes: .

typoe something due to screen size you can't see it all until you post it, then a mistake is spotted (usually the Iphone inserts its own weird and wonderful replacement words) and its a race against the clock to correct it.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived