Security Installer Community

The Security Alliance Gives Cautious Welcome....

james.wilson

errr.... who are they? as it's the 1st time I've heard them mentioned ?

Me either, it do sound very 'Orwelian' when you read the participants its made up from,

sort of like the intro to a Dr Who series, about invaders from the past with conquer the universe intentions, armed to the teeth with old style futuristic weapons that drive you mad!

scaring myself now :0

Arfur

//i'd better shut up now, before anyone notices me, and 'we' are already HERE! ;) //

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

No i didnt say that. I asked the question if we did.

I do hope there is licencing bought to the the electronic side but it needs to be different to the current manned system

I could go with it. if I felt it would make a difference. at the min though part P springs to mind. (aint they scrapping that too?)

Okay, lets assume we are to be licensed.

What would the parameters be for example?

A degree? NVQ? Vast years of experience?

Many here have no formal qualifications as such, would someone of many years standing have to sit examinations? Not a complaint, as sparkies have to constantly update. Why should we be any different? Over the years have seen "sparkie" spurs so bad it beggars belief how they got their "ticket" anyway. Let alone the other wiring you get to see occasionally. ( Down Jeff :P but there are shoddy tradesmen everywhere, not just within our little group so to speak).

We all know we have to have a letter confirming we are able to work within this industry from the local copshop as part of our vetting with a registered company.

So how would we do this then, and think about the wrongful issues with the other vetting processes like working with children or vulnerable persons. The mistakes made there, or the SIA doormen applications to complete headcases who want nothing more as an excuse to fight than a raised eyebrow?

Then again an engineer I know who then set up his own company (NSI Gold) took a sabbatical and went to Australia and worked there for a while. On passing vetting he was given a tool kit and a automatic pistol. As he was also key holding they required him to carry a firearm. Believe me, hes not to be trusted with a sharp pencil at times!!! But bless his cotton socks he is a great bloke.

So, any ideas? Also to stop another quango making money out of us too.!

Okay, lets assume we are to be licensed.

What would the parameters be for example?

A degree? NVQ? Vast years of experience?

Many here have no formal qualifications as such, would someone of many years standing have to sit examinations? Not a complaint, as sparkies have to constantly update. Why should we be any different? Over the years have seen "sparkie" spurs so bad it beggars belief how they got their "ticket" anyway. Let alone the other wiring you get to see occasionally. ( Down Jeff :P but there are shoddy tradesmen everywhere, not just within our little group so to speak).

We all know we have to have a letter confirming we are able to work within this industry from the local copshop as part of our vetting with a registered company.

So how would we do this then, and think about the wrongful issues with the other vetting processes like working with children or vulnerable persons. The mistakes made there, or the SIA doormen applications to complete headcases who want nothing more as an excuse to fight than a raised eyebrow?

Then again an engineer I know who then set up his own company (NSI Gold) took a sabbatical and went to Australia and worked there for a while. On passing vetting he was given a tool kit and a automatic pistol. As he was also key holding they required him to carry a firearm. Believe me, hes not to be trusted with a sharp pencil at times!!! But bless his cotton socks he is a great bloke.

So, any ideas? Also to stop another quango making money out of us too.!

It ain't gonna work.

To implement a specific qualification (eg, NVQ2 in whatever) would be pointless. The principles and theory of how electronic security equipment works is no different to any other electronic kit. To say someone with a level3/4/Diploma/Degree or whatever (in a remotely related field) is not capable and must take an NVQ2 will never happen, nor can it.

You would also have to look at the Management structures too. If a guy on the spanners needs grading, then so do the bosses - and that includes owners. Whole can of worms opens up now.

okay, lets assume we are to be licensed.

you could only start with the min of

basic h+s

basic c&g 1850/51

continual vetting (every 6 month?)

maybe monitoring of driving license ?

something of mutual benefit to consumer, employer & employee?

the thing which really ****s me off is external bells ringing, a requirement to have them maintained by an approved contractor or removed following compliant would make me a happy bunny

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

the thing which really ****s me off is external bells ringing, a requirement to have them maintained by an approved contractor or removed following compliant would make me a happy bunny

They are if run away and a court order made under the noise abatement act.

When a lowly locksmith ( hehehe) we got calls to shut down runaways.

Open door kill panel, send 240VAC up the bell cable and bob`s your dead ringer!

Sod getting the ladders out :D

It ain't gonna work.

To implement a specific qualification (eg, NVQ2 in whatever) would be pointless. The principles and theory of how electronic security equipment works is no different to any other electronic kit. To say someone with a level3/4/Diploma/Degree or whatever (in a remotely related field) is not capable and must take an NVQ2 will never happen, nor can it.

You would also have to look at the Management structures too. If a guy on the spanners needs grading, then so do the bosses - and that includes owners. Whole can of worms opens up now.

Think Australia ;)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

There will be a workable solution. I think formal quals are the only way, for everyone involved in the loop. Quals on licence and cctv req for cctv etc.

No grandfather rights either imo

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived