Security Installer Community

How Do Panels Handle User Alerts?

james.wilson

best are any non en ones. :whistle:

but with en, scanny 85/95 are better than 9x5x. big pita is mains fail on a domestic, keeps customers up all night with 3hr reminders (so code in again), cant find anything to up the timer to say 6hrs (talking abt 85/95).

best are any non en ones. :whistle:

but with en, scanny 85/95 are better than 9x5x. big pita is mains fail on a domestic, keeps customers up all night with 3hr reminders (so code in again), cant find anything to up the timer to say 6hrs (talking abt 85/95).

i hate scannys

i think gardtec is very simple, texecom prems are ok aswell.

Even the prosys is easy with a 'macro'

mains fail and battery test timers on Risco kit, can be adjusted, even switched off.

Scanny 98/96 amongst the worst with threir hourly anoyance :rolleyes: , just great for clients with religious holidays to observe.

the macro option, as AE says makes user resets far easier, but seems to defeat the point of having them in the 1st place :whistle:

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

mains fail timers on Risco kit, can be adjusted, even switched off.

reads to me that they make one panel that can be uk or en through progging?

On power up with 85 eng decides g2/3 dd243 etc. but turning off alert timers etc progging wont allow once eng decided what grade. reckon scanny assume if setting up for say G2 why would eng want to disable as wont now comply?

Following on from the galaxy thread how do different panels handle user alerts. Who has the best / most intuitive method.

Castle is entry of user level silences alert. many make the mistake of pressing the YES key after their user level entry which just causes the bloody thing to kick off again.

Customers!

Is that the same even if there are multiple alerts.

Ill exspand. If a system has a line fault then entering a user code/device will silence the alert and it will not re-apear. If you enter a user level and accept the alert by pressing YES then the alert will reapear after a delay, obviously this is dependant on the alert (problem) still being present.

Customers!

reads to me that they make one panel that can be uk or en through progging?

On power up with 85 eng decides g2/3 dd243 etc. but turning off alert timers etc progging wont allow once eng decided what grade. reckon scanny assume if setting up for say G2 why would eng want to disable as wont now comply?

tbh better question to ask perhap's is why they still allow the BS option?

just mentioning it is a feature that can be evoked (not that i do it), i'd guess as the panels can be used for replacing existing or bell only without upgrade, these don't have to comply to EN, but have the advantage at least it can later if needed be re-progged, enough engineers might opt for less stringent BS with voice dialler interim,

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived