Security Installer Community

How Do Panels Handle User Alerts?

james.wilson

prosys and agility you have to acknowledge, this requires going into 'faults' and changing the N to Y using the part and full set keys.

the greif caused to users, and worse the risk of leaving systems not armed (imho), out weighs any perceived benfits gained,

todays sopistication, if the system signals an ARC the alert could be dealt with by the ARC passing on the alert to the installing co who can then make arrangements to deal with it or remote in.

while i accept the thrust why, in practical terms when DDA is such a big thing, if concidering aged, user can't read English, sight impaired, blind etc the alert aspect under EN, is surely over engineering?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

the 'en thing' in regard to this os to stop panels showing 'Telecom failure' to all and sundry in the shop front or reception area etc. But it still needs to be workable. The reg is workable, the current implementation by some (if not all by the looks) manufactures is poor.

I can see why, we as installers have banged on to them about new regs, and bug fixes etc, now i have something stable etc, i need something my customers can use. Im sick of hearing 'my old alarm with xyz was better than this its always going off' after an ac fail or breif bt fail etc.

My point is why do they all have to be so hard for the end user to use. At a user level not an engineering level. The panel should be simple to operate and use daily, im sure im not alone (brave statment this lol) in having annoyed customers phone up when the come to set and it wants a 'reset'. It doesnt but when it says '7 faults use < > to view' it looks like it has 7 faults. All its saying if they press > or < is 'ive had 7 power fails today is that ok?'

Just needs a minor tweak but what do i know

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

tbh better question to ask perhap's is why they still allow the BS option?

Didnt ask that way cos some might take it as a dig.

It doesnt but when it says '7 faults use < > to view' it looks like it has 7 faults. All its saying if they press > or < is 'ive had 7 power fails today is that ok?'

Just needs a minor tweak but what do i know

Call last week customer said fault on zone 5 following power cut. was new system for long time customer just installed.

display said 0005 [ent] next. was five alerts to be acknowledged, not the speaker tamp on cct5.

dunno about minor tweak, think maybe industry needs to down road of gui.

Fire seems to handle it ok with just leds. Reakon the humble 2 line lcd might be past it.

Can be done just needs an obvious and intuitive user I/f

how many fire do setting/unsetting let alone eg night time settting?, & aint the acfo supposed to be clamping down on fa's?

yep, can be done, we usd to do it. just now small systems have to provide (imo) too much info. managers are historically more clued up on larger systyems.

20yrs on wont matter cos younger generations are more techy?

Archived