Security Installer Community

How Do Panels Handle User Alerts?

james.wilson

Given above, we all accept clients don't read lcd's it's set and run usualy, of those who fo not many really understand what's being imparted = they stop reading after the novelty wears off.

IMHO the 'speaking' alarms will be the future, the keyholder hears a usual message so takes no notice, but if panel states 'tamper fault on zone 5' or 'temporary power interruption from blah - blah o'clock it will more likely it is noticed and understood, and easier noticed before the next time they need to arm it, which in domestic is often late at night - when every one is tired an narky.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

IMHO the 'speaking' alarms will be the future, the keyholder hears a usual message so takes no notice, but if panel states 'tamper fault on zone 5' or 'temporary power interruption from blah - blah o'clock it will more likely it is noticed and understood, and easier noticed before the next time they need to arm it, which in domestic is often late at night - when every one is tired an narky.

assume built in loop amp as biggest group that dont get it are the elderly. that'll be great for mains fail every 3hrs when tired & narky :)

Said I'n jest but why not when u think about it? :)

Since using the wisdom and agilities i find you get more info from the client, while they din't look at the display the do repeat what hey hear + when give phone help you can hear the panel rersponding with messages like 'lounge not ready' and do on.

Not added I'n 'you stupid git' yet ;)

Arfur

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Agreed but thefeedback should be better. Not ready is better than daily but not much. Imo the word fault should be removed for any alert type notification. Fault = problem with YOUR alarm even though the power is off

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Said I'n jest but why not when u think about it? :)

Since using the wisdom and agilities i find you get more info from the client, while they din't look at the display the do repeat what hey hear + when give phone help you can hear the panel rersponding with messages like 'lounge not ready' and do on.

Yep, can see the possibilities, even with the volume of languages reqd for en panels.

Mentioned the red/gn issues on I-on if resolved, would fit the bill for users. eg mains fail = code in once, no bleeping thereafter, just red backlight till power back.(no good at mo for colour blind)

Imo the word fault should be removed for any alert type notification. Fault = problem with YOUR alarm even though the power is off

agreed.

I-on says mains fail

• 1 month later...

Found a panel that handles alerts well.

Caused a mains fault (panel isnt programmed to stop set) and user without knowledge could reset it once cleared just with their fob.

Gardtec will do that(without the stupid voice), prem is something like as well.

Your used to those daft galaxy alerts you think its something new :lol:

Archived