Security Installer Community

Ok,also Lucy

lxhzspy

Anyone else keep getting emails from Nigeria? Had about 20 in the last couple of months asking me to get involved in some sort of scam. Reporting them as Spam does'nt stop them & even Spam filter set high won't work

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

kept getting stuff from "hsbc" (who we bank with) to confirm our details or acct deleted etc. they now doing it from barclays (who we dont) so reckon they're guessing?

Yeah been having that regularly too & the 1 supposedly from the Tax office telling me that they checked my last years records & they owe me an £850.00 tax rebate (Yeah right) & couple of times had them supposedly from US customs to tell me they've caught someone with over 500K belonging to me & I need to pay the fee for it to be released. :angry2:

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

It's standard for our Far Eastern friends to adopt a short, well established English name when trying to do business with the West.

Arf, their website ain't aimed at the likes of us on here. You'll find it meets their requirements adequately. Unfortunately for us on the receiving end, the Chinese culture is strongly sales orientated. A mantra of sell, sell, sell.

Check a lot of the emails and you'll find the email wasn't addressed to you directly. Unfortunately one click of a link or a reply is all they need to confirm a live account though.

Arf, their website ain't aimed at the likes of us on here. You'll find it meets their requirements adequately. Unfortunately for us on the receiving end, the Chinese culture is strongly sales orientated. A mantra of sell, sell, sell.

Check a lot of the emails and you'll find the email wasn't addressed to you directly. Unfortunately one click of a link or a reply is all they need to confirm a live account though.

being a died in the wood pragmatist (which keeps me one step short of being gullible - and 1,000.000 steps short of being religious lol!, 'Lucy' has tried to make contact with 'our' trade in the UK.

ok she/he is using a fake name (allegedly) at least one i can spell and perhaps say, so imo thats respect for our inability to use Chinese names

so i'm going out on a limb here and assuming innocence before guilt, as i jus don't see any merit or advantages why she (he?) would do so to waste their and our time.

personally i don't jump to conclusions, i tend to judge anyone first on how they behave towards me, and i temper that with the way i actually KNOW they have behaved towards others.

seems James is of the same opinion - from comments he has made thus far?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

being a died in the wood pragmatist (which keeps me one step short of being gullible - and 1,000.000 steps short of being religious lol!, 'Lucy' has tried to make contact with 'our' trade in the UK.

ok she/he is using a fake name (allegedly) at least one i can spell and perhaps say, so imo thats respect for our inability to use Chinese names

so i'm going out on a limb here and assuming innocence before guilt, as i jus don't see any merit or advantages why she (he?) would do so to waste their and our time.

personally i don't jump to conclusions, i tend to judge anyone first on how they behave towards me, and i temper that with the way i actually KNOW they have behaved towards others.

seems James is of the same opinion - from comments he has made thus far?

Arfur

My quote was aimed in general - on some of the points.

Also, i speak from 1st hand experience of trading with and visiting. You?

My quote was aimed in general - on some of the points.

so why say and i quote "Arf, their website ain't aimed at the likes of us on here"?

Also, i speak from 1st hand experience of trading with and visiting. You?

no, i admit i've not been to China or the ROC for that matter Singapore, but i do have quite a few Chinese, Japanese and Korean clients, i can throw in a hell of a lot of Jewish, Iranian, Turkish, Greek, Pakistani, Indian, Egyptian, French other Asian nation clients.

but what difference or bearing that makes on anything i have said or this thread is way beyond my comprehension, other than to say i don't tar anyone with the same overly biased brush, simply for posting a simple 'hello' in here.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived