Security Installer Community

Cctv & Audio Over 800 Metres

Rosko

Hi all -- I have a customer who at present is using a camera and DVR to view his Cows calving in his farm which is 800 metres from his house over the Internet. The quality of this is not great however and he wants me to improve the system. We have line of sight and also running a cable would be no problem. It would be a huge advantage to him if he could also hear what was happening. So audio and video would be ideal.

I'm thinking that some sort of buriable Cat5 with active Baluns might do but I'm not sure what spec cable, distance capable, best camera (with inbuilt audio or should that be separate?)etc etc

Thankyou

Rosko

If his DVR is already in the barn he must have a internet connection out there. Or his LAN may already be out there.

I took it read the DVR was not in the barn.

Hence the question of IP over 800 metres

If his DVR was in the house why would he use the internet to view the camera other than lappy on knee while whatching TV.

If this is the case then 800m on coax ?? i think not and he cant be using cat5 or he would not be asking about active baluns.

The way i read it, he has DVR in barn and is using some kind of remote viewer to access it.

Archived