Security Installer Community

Control Panel "erotica"

Driller

Have to agree with hpotter, some of the Engineers working for the Nationals are exceptionally talented. I had the pleasure of working with & learning from some of them many years back, pity of it is that they're well outnumbered by the dross & end up getting a bad rep without doing anything wrong.

Having said that I've worked in much smaller companies where you may have 1 or 2 good engineers if your lucky but you often have a lot of slap happy engineers there as well that are not interested in doing the job properly, just grabbing the pay check at the end of the month. I worked for 1 company which was run by a Father & his 2 sons, the father was a pleasure to work with & an excellent engineer. The sons were a different matter, although taught by their father all they were interested in was slapping systems in & grabbing the cash & God help us if they had a fault, they would just bodge it &

run.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

All nationals are an easy target ref slating, I know there are a lot of dross within. But over-all I truly believe there is a place for the nationals and although they will always have customers chipped away in the grand scheme of things it's factored in and nearly negelible.

i agree, i wouldn't have it any other way, if everybody did a good job and offered good value i wouldn't have any takeovers.

out of interest, where do you buy your balaclavas?

i don't use them, i'm more the blaze of glory type.

I worked for 1 company which was run by a Father & his 2 sons, the father was a pleasure to work with & an excellent engineer. The sons were a different matter, although taught by their father all they were interested in was slapping systems in & grabbing the cash & God help us if they had a fault, they would just bodge it &

run.

I worked for a firm just like that, the father wasn't an engineer though, ex copper.

I worked for a firm just like that, the father wasn't an engineer though, ex copper.

know a few firms that started like that, in the days when cpo's dished out the quotes :whistle:

i don't use them, i'm more the blaze of glory type.

and you are?

post-17665-061132700 1281715609_thumb.jp

while we see really bad jobs in alarms, door entry/access installs imho are way and above amongst the worst examples of poor engineering ability.

Look again at the one i posted and you'll see that's exactly what the job was.

The culprits?

Same company you're so fond of telling us how good they are/were.

Look again at the one i posted and you'll see that's exactly what the job was.

The culprits?

Same company you're so fond of telling us how good they are/were.

Jesus I only just noticed that pic, Yellow brigade by any chance. If an engineer working for me did a job like that i'd have him out the door without question, & I thought we saw some bad panels.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.

Jesus I only just noticed that pic, Yellow brigade by any chance. If an engineer working for me did a job like that i'd have him out the door without question, & I thought we saw some bad panels.

Nope, they're innocent.

Try the Blue.

Archived