Security Installer Community

Speaker Vs Int Siren

Driller

Amateur question so amateur forum :ninja:

I have a CQR soint2 set up as an internal siren ie I have it on a 12V+ to 0V programmed output. When you open it up it looks like a speaker driver but with associated circuits attached.

Since I want to have a chime function and the possibility of internal siren only on night set I'd like to attach a 16ohm speaker.

1) Do most systems have both an extra internal siren and a speaker attached? Could I use the Soint2 as a speaker (I'm thinking not).

2)Are the terms internal siren and speaker used synonamously? In the manual they refer to internal siren in the programming but obviously "speaker" is written next to the connectors on the main board.

cheers

an internal siren is either a driven speaker, a sab/scn or standalone siren & does alarm tones

a speaker does all system tones (eg entry / exit)

So would a speaker connected to the speaker output give alarm tones as well as system tones? I will find out for myself shortly but the reason I ask is that there are references to the "internal siren" in the engineer manual but no internal siren connections on the pcb. (and no internal siren option in output programming menus).

in the engineer manual but no internal siren connections on the pcb. (and no internal siren option in output programming menus).

& ?

its controlled by a programable output, these are'nt consumer items so the book ain't a diy manual

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

& ?

its controlled by a programable output, these are'nt consumer items so the book ain't a diy manual

/

Yeah I know, I programmed the output.

I just wanted to clarify the interchangable use of the terms internal sounder/horn/speaker.

I see I've reached the point where it's annoying and I do understand.

I'll figure it out from first principles (in fact I'm pretty sure I already have).

cheers

/

Yeah I know, I programmed the output.

I just wanted to clarify the interchangable use of the terms internal sounder/horn/speaker.

I see I've reached the point where it's annoying and I do understand.

I'll figure it out from first principles (in fact I'm pretty sure I already have).

cheers

you've always been annoying :whistle:

don't worry about the terms, get sound bomb instead........

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

you've always been annoying :whistle:

Then my work is done here :D

don't worry about the terms, get sound bomb instead........

Ok, thanks. I'll get a 16ohm speaker for system tones/chimes too , cheers

PS I went to Westonbirt today and saw an old house with silvery coloured down pipes and thought of you lol

you can have both internal siren and an extension speaker,

word to the wise, fit an internal speaker the exit entry tomes can be overly annoying.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

PS I went to Westonbirt today and saw an old house with silvery coloured down pipes and thought of you lol

I saw a wonkey security light.......

you can have both internal siren and an extension speaker,

you can fit as much stuff as you can drive with current....

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived