Security Installer Community

Boss Code For Veritas 8C

Thanks for your help guys. Got to be honest, not struck on the Veritas panels anyway and had a feeling that this would be the outcome. Read through the installer manual where it mentioned the 'Boss' code and seem to remember the older versions had to be returned to the manufacturer for defaulting. Looks like he's having a new panel!

Just to let you know, I phoned Texecom's tech department today. Apparently, the 'Boss' code is the engineer code. It comes to something when even the technical bod tells you to scrap it! I would've thought it would be in their interest NOT to put an engineer lock on their panels as, like has been said, their are much better products for the same kind of money out there, so they are doing themselves out of more business!

ammo.

To be fair there is good reason for a pro firm doing this.

I know it seems they are locking it for their own gain but in reality its due to litigation etc on the installing / maintaining firm.

Many companies will only use a panel they can lock. It may even be a condition of their insurance etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

ammo.

I know it seems they are locking it for their own gain but in reality its due to litigation etc on the installing / maintaining firm.

Many companies will only use a panel they can lock. It may even be a condition of their insurance etc.

QFA, Most will unlock for a callout fee.

ammo.

QFA+1

Do Tex still make the veritas? Maybe they advise to replace as a new PCB will slot straight in to the back plate and be your quickest solution.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Archived