Security Installer Community

Paperwork In control Panels

arfur mo

i'm interested at the mention of having the 'spec in the panel',

i discussed about doing this in here a few years back, tbh it was the way it has always done in the past. but many did a high horse routine and condemnation of the fire hazard issue (like i invented the idea :rolleyes:).

Chubbs started to have a plastic sleeve stuck to the end station, which would then split from sevice dockets being rammed in and the glue died over time. ended up looking real tatty mess, but i had thought this was the old NACOSS requirements?

personally, i've never liked the idea of the spec being so easily obtained and read by those who should not be, or more often lost. so the client gets their copy to put with the manual and i work mainly by email so they have an electronic copy to - and no extra postage :).

if you do have it in the panel and suffer a lightning strike or a duff trany, its a fair point to say there is a possible risk being taken (how ever small), i've not experienced it but then on direct to bell/siren lightning strikes you normally end up with the panels guts and all contained within, being turned very efficiently into black powder :whistle:.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Seen plenty lightening strikes the largest at the Sultan Of Brunei`s "The Aivery" took out 3 alarms and then the new DVD players (was a few yrs back when they were fortunes) about 15 of them.

Whats all this black powder stuff?

It was a requirement to remove any paper etc from inside the panel. You could use a fireproof envelope or have the docs outside the panel etc. We still do this, but im not sure its a still a requirement. If i recall it was something to do with CE? not sure though

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yeah,I was told it was a requirement to remove paper from inside the panel but the inspector never mentioned it on inspections.

some of the panels i've seen after a fire, very hard to know if it was a real lightning strike or the smouldering fag butts that caused it :unsure:.

:P

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

I'm amazed what some companies put inside panels ..... specs, quotation, job sheets, log books. It's a squeeze to get the battery in sometimes.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived