Security Installer Community

Paperwork In control Panels

arfur mo

It was a requirement to remove any paper etc from inside the panel. You could use a fireproof envelope or have the docs outside the panel etc. We still do this, but im not sure its a still a requirement. If i recall it was something to do with CE? not sure though

your going to have to posts a reliable source for that ................... IIRC it was a misread of a Brussels "law" by some knee jerk reaction elf N safety muppet.

your going to have to posts a reliable source for that ................... IIRC it was a misread of a Brussels "law" by some knee jerk reaction elf N safety muppet.

NACOSS letter dated 11Feb 1997 Ref DH/RCN/mjc/01/97 Refers to EER reg 1994 Re 73/23/EEC

Did iread it? Err No.

Strange though, as i was looking through correspondace refrence's i came across a reply from NACOSS Dated 19th May 2006. Which stated "We acknoledge receipt to your e-mail sent to our cheif Exec.......in respect of Direct Responce Security Ltd" *Bother i knew i had come across this crowd before.

Customers!

NACOSS letter dated 11Feb 1997 Ref DH/RCN/mjc/01/97 Refers to EER reg 1994 Re 73/23/EEC

Did iread it? Err No.

Strange though, as i was looking through correspondace refrence's i came across a reply from NACOSS Dated 19th May 2006. Which stated "We acknoledge receipt to your e-mail sent to our cheif Exec.......in respect of Direct Responce Security Ltd" *Bother i knew i had come across this crowd before.

:question: wonder if anyone remembers my 1st ever post? :eekout:

and all the clap trap i suffered that followed, especially about the NSI 'not exspeling but working with companies to improve them'.

yer right!

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Our customers get a copy of all the paper work.

About a year ago we stopped using document boxes and moved over to memory sticks in the panel. We get 512 meg sticks off ebay for around £2.00 each.

On the stick we put a copy of the Spec, Readings on Excel sheet, a manual for the panel and any plans of the building etc

We all have laptop in the car so access is not a problem.

The only paper work is the log book.

Our SSAIB inspector thaught this was a great idea when we had our last inspection.

Also if we make any changes or additions we can ad an amendment there and then and save a copy for the office.

About a year ago we stopped using document boxes and moved over to memory sticks in the panel. We get 512 meg sticks off ebay for around £2.00 each.

On the stick we put a copy of the Spec, Readings on Excel sheet, a manual for the panel and any plans of the building etc

Our SSAIB inspector thaught this was a great idea when we had our last inspection.

Also if we make any changes or additions we can ad an amendment there and then and save a copy for the office.

To me this sounds a daft idea. But if it works for you then full marks.

Customers!

Its ok for larger jobs, but bog std domestics - maint done before lappy warms up..

Its ok for larger jobs, but bog std domestics - maint done before lappy warms up..

hence the term "idiots with laptops" that we use for the home AV guys, BT engineer etc etc - hunched up, muttering about "boots quicker than this at home"

hence the term "idiots with laptops" that we use for the home AV guys, BT engineer etc etc - hunched up, muttering about "boots quicker than this at home"

lol, theres a guy at work who brings his own, no use for it, nor is he allowed to use it anyway but I think he feels better getting his manuals from it and the customers think he is the only one who is competent as he has a lappy!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived