Security Installer Community

Local Pir To Trip A Mobile Phone?

Collectors

Hi all,

I have a remote garage with no power supply & wanted a warning of any break in.

Now i have a large car battery & a cheap mobile phone device that will ring a number upon being triggered with a 12 volt +-, & i thought i might be able to just use a PIR/Microwave & use this to trigger the mobile phone to ring me. But now realize that the alarm pair terminals on the PIR/Microwave is not a relay of sorts & wont work. Any suggestions on a cheap way to do this without using a panel ???????.

(Need the PIR/Microwave because of conditions)

Thanks

Chris.

Thanks for getting back.

Would need a normally open relay & when the PIR is activated the relay would energise & then have closed contacts to tell the mobile phone to ring out.

On the mobile unit, the 2 terminals on the left are a 12V +- supply, & the terminals on the right are a 12v +- trigger.

P1030457.jpg

Thanks for getting back.

Would need a normally open relay & when the PIR is activated the relay would energise & then have closed contacts to tell the mobile phone to ring out.

On the mobile unit, the 2 terminals on the left are a 12V +- supply, & the terminals on the right are a 12v +- trigger.

P1030457.jpg

WTF is that lash up?

Can you not get power out to the garage?

your car battery 60Ah or so at a guess would need regular charging and be an unreliable power source. best to look for a branded wireless solution. What control panel do you have in the house, how far away is the shed, what is your budget?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

your car battery 60Ah or so at a guess would need regular charging and be an unreliable power source. best to look for a branded wireless solution. What control panel do you have in the house, how far away is the shed, what is your budget?

Agreed

(hence #4). Was thinking scanny 762 & eg 714 or 703 etc.

Hi guys, might not of included enough info.

Battery is a 120ah leisure type & the garage is only being used for about 6 months with no electric in the area at all. I should get about a month out of the battery on a full charge with the few milliamp's being used. All i need is the alarm contacts in the pir to operate a relay of sorts.

Archived