Security Installer Community

Local Pir To Trip A Mobile Phone?

Collectors

Depends on how technical you are, could use a transistor and a resistor to invert it, not rocket science, google transitor relay, or if your stuck PM me and I'll draw a little schematic for you.

Maplins do a photovoltaic cell charger, use some AA nicads in a holder, also from maplins, safer imo than a car battery, but if you must use on dont forget the fuse.

isn`t anyone else slightly worried?

The O/P is the one taking all the risks, he has evaluated his decision and decided that he can DIY it, he even has the kit to do it why should we be worried.

Collector, as some have already posted you could source a detector that has a n/o circuit, or use a relay or T relay, as others have pointed out you should put a fuse in line on the 12vdc from the battery. If you are not competent you should not undertake this project.

The O/P is the one taking all the risks, he has evaluated his decision and decided that he can DIY it, he even has the kit to do it why should we be worried.

I was thinking more world terrorism but on second glance it doesnt look anything like a car bomb - phew

Now if it was the phone triggering the relay instead of the other way around......

As for worried, cant see why, if the OP likes to be inventive, mess around and see what he can get to work why shouldnt we help him out. All said and done, its only a home brew dialler, its his own garage it either is or isnt protecting. Not like he's taking money for it !

Makes a nice change from DIYers who just want to know how to connect white boxes together.

Archived