Security Installer Community

Local Pir To Trip A Mobile Phone?

Collectors

Now if it was the phone triggering the relay instead of the other way around......

As for worried, cant see why, if the OP likes to be inventive, mess around and see what he can get to work why shouldnt we help him out. All said and done, its only a home brew dialler, its his own garage it either is or isnt protecting. Not like he's taking money for it !

Makes a nice change from DIYers who just want to know how to connect white boxes together.

yes, I used the word "worried" to line up the gag about it been a car bomb, I don`t have an opinion of the OP`s plans.

Car bomb triggered by a PIR. As you power it up it triggers!

That sounds like the old Irish minesweeper gag.

You remember, stamping the ground in front of you........................

yes, I used the word "worried" to line up the gag about it been a car bomb, I don`t have an opinion of the OP`s plans.

Sorry I blew it for you.

Looking at the pic, might be interesting if he tried to send it in the post, or take it on a plane though.

Sorry I blew it for you.

Looking at the pic, might be interesting if he tried to send it in the post, or take it on a plane though.

only now I`ve convinced myself the phone IS to remotely switch the pir into "boom" mode.

Well if it was a bomb maker I`m sure he/she would not advertise the item on the internet, where possibly he/she could be traced but sillier things have happened!

seems the o/p is most of the way there imo,

should be a very simple matter with the o/p's demonstrated technical understanding, to select a single resister to bias the phone trigger input (lets say negative) towards alarm, then it is held off by higher (positive) bias from the Normally Closed contacts of the detector, which would also save current used against using a relay interface.

not sure if you would worry about false calls when you enter and leave

o/p has nearly replicated a basic one, but nobody's yet mentioned it yet, so i wondered if the o/p's budget would stretch to a GSM dialer/communicator? which is the way i would have gone from scratch, especially if it is outside the range of a radio pir.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Hi guys, have gone for the option of just fitting door mag/contacts to also save a few milliamp's on battery consumption.

On a couple of points mentioned, its fuse about one inch from the battery terminals & not shown in picture.

The phone is set to not except incoming calls as it uses the last incoming calls number to dial back out again. Naturally this can be changed at any time, but only if you are with the phone to switch on & off the incoming call part of the phone.

I was just trying to do it on the cheap with stuff i have in my own shed.

Thanks for all the idea's.

Chris.

I was just trying to do it on the cheap with stuff i have in my own shed.

Thanks for all the idea's.

Chris.

Own up - you bought the "grey box phone thingy" GSM dialler off EBay didn`t you?

Own up - you bought the "grey box phone thingy" GSM dialler off EBay didn`t you?

Yep! Its a quick temporary measure for £35.00 & the rest of the materials i have, will be a good cheap fix. Plus i get a brand new working phone at the end of it. Lol

Archived