Security Installer Community

Metal Prices Risen By 400% In The Last 9 Months?

I was listeneing to old man R4 today and there was a peice on stolen cable, substations, railway etc and they said that copper, lead etc had risen by 400% in the last 6-9 months. Anyone into metal know this to be right?

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

but is the 400% accurate?

Is this coming round to batteries again?

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

looking to buy shares?

I know from a friend ferrous is dead ATM. Also from managing a manufacturing company, seen the prices go barmy at times.

A m8 took one old cylinder (immersion tank) and some 22mm tube got £80 scrap last week. 3 old RSJ`s got him £8 quid.

So i would say yes ATM

all about the context ?

post-17668-003918800 1276553994_thumb.jp

Never bothered to weigh cable in. I got a shed full of half rolls of various belden, co ax etc I need to get shut of. can I flog it as it is, or would I have to burn or strip it ? or is it not wort the bother ?

Looks like the times right, the shed will probably collapse if I leave it another winter.

Never bothered to weigh cable in. I got a shed full of half rolls of various belden, co ax etc I need to get shut of. can I flog it as it is, or would I have to burn or strip it ? or is it not wort the bother ?

Looks like the times right, the shed will probably collapse if I leave it another winter.

you can take it unstripped, just get a lower rate, still worth taking.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

i left out old cooker outside on the drive, youngest wants it to replace his if he ever move out again, needed to dig his old one out and swap over from darkest north of garage

had at least 8 knocks from different scrape men in 3 days offering to take it away, so Sunday we swap them over just in case one did not ask 1st, and we had 3 more scrappers stopped to ask if i was clearing any metal or cable.

guy who took his cooker took 2 old motor bike batteries we had 'discovered'. and some old cable and a Tv and was well happy.

set me thinking, is this a legit way to be rid of old panels/kit you have now tested as duff etc?

have no idea if any of them had waste transferal licenses, one who i know vaguely as my middle sons friend, told me he tips it at the scrap yard and gets paid on weight.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived