Security Installer Community

Facebook Feed

If you don't want people to know where your going then don't post where your going simples

Told the person I was going to, thats all. Her daughter then proceeded to mention my arrival. I can excuse her as she is only young ( is 18 young?) and she told her friends as i am the "adopted" uncle. Bless her to bits but why advertise everything on FB?

There are 2 things

You can link your account with facebook and then status updates may be (if enabled and if selected) will be linked (ie the bit top right. However if you dont enable it or tick the box then it wont.

ALso at the bottom of every post are a group of 'share this topic' buttons.

These will then share the post on whatever platfor, you press.

I and some others have their account linked to their facebook account. I and others have also shared forum posts.

Does that help?

Geek

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

i dont think your post is on facebook roger all it does is link the discussion. You then click it from facebook.

If you have commented in public then anyone can see that. If they come from facebook or not.

You can only share topics and status not posts.

2 links that will explain it better than me. But basically if you dont approve tsi to link to facebook it wont.

Obviously some do, and some dont.

I think the one that your bothered about Paul is the linking of content.

Facebook account linking

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-4176-ipboard-310-dev-update-improved-facebook-integration/

Link Sharing

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-4162-ipboard-310-dev-update-sharing-links/

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i dont think your post is on facebook roger all it does is link the discussion. You then click it from facebook.

If you have commented in public then anyone can see that. If they come from facebook or not.

You can only share topics and status not posts.

2 links that will explain it better than me. But basically if you dont approve tsi to link to facebook it wont.

Obviously some do, and some dont.

I think the one that your bothered about Paul is the linking of content.

Facebook account linking

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-4176-ipboard-310-dev-update-improved-facebook-integration/

Link Sharing

http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/1174/entry-4162-ipboard-310-dev-update-sharing-links/

Me, I think it was more a case of "oh **** I forgot I commented on that TSI thread and or thought it was "private trade" and now it`d been linked to from Facebook ........... double **** there goes my carefully crafted Facebook reputation."

Could we have a return of the "red for trade" background maybe?

not the topic under discussion - cheers

???

perhaps i'm missing something, or you should do longer posts whistle.gif

FB link = TSI posts becomes an extension on face book, i don't link but you quote my post info is out their

hmm.gif bang on topic as i see it unsure.gif

Arfur

yeah i think we need to do something to highlight the fact that people are in a trade area.

Also maybe stop the linking of trade posts? ie remove the buttons in trade?

trade area bun fights should stay in here, not a spectator sport on FB to ridicule our trade with by those who do njot understand engineers banter

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

As i see it the concern is that personal info from tsi will be published on facebook. Whatever that content may be.

This ISNT the case. Members choose what info to link from the profile etc when and if using the facebook link.

The link share gives anyone (including non trade members) to link a post to their wall etc. This will only allow the person viweing the link the access their membership grants. ie if a trade member links a topic on facebook only trade members would be able to see it. Obviously public content can be linked and then any member able to view the public side of TSI would be able to view the content of the topic.

Hopefully that clears up the facebook, twitter, digg etc etc links.

Its is just the same as any modern website integrating with these social networking sites.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Me, I think it was more a case of "oh **** I forgot I commented on that TSI thread and or thought it was "private trade" and now it`d been linked to from Facebook ........... double **** there goes my carefully crafted Facebook reputation."

Could we have a return of the "red for trade" background maybe?

agreed fear.gif ------- apologise, must be sommat up with the water arond here banned.gif

tongue.gif

Arfur

Told the person I was going to, thats all. Her daughter then proceeded to mention my arrival. I can excuse her as she is only young ( is 18 young?) and she told her friends as i am the "adopted" uncle. Bless her to bits but why advertise everything on FB?

seems some will talk about just anything, can't understand the need for it myself unsure.gif

Arfur

I also think its only public topics that are feeding Arfurs Back thread is on James FB but thats all Ive seen, Ive just looked on your FB page paul and cant see any FB threads so I guess it just updating you and not the whole world?

don't like this effect, if a bit quieter without me, bet many 'popcorn eaters' left, one's who were sensible i have no probs returning. cringing sado's might come back just to have another crack at me, not that i care or fear anyone.

nothing to prove, just think we should be done with all of that old boring kack by now.

Arfur

As i see it the concern is that personal info from tsi will be published on facebook. Whatever that content may be.

This ISNT the case. Members choose what info to link from the profile etc when and if using the facebook link.

The link share gives anyone (including non trade members) to link a post to their wall etc. This will only allow the person viweing the link the access their membership grants. ie if a trade member links a topic on facebook only trade members would be able to see it. Obviously public content can be linked and then any member able to view the public side of TSI would be able to view the content of the topic.

Hopefully that clears up the facebook, twitter, digg etc etc links.

Its is just the same as any modern website integrating with these social networking sites.

James

but why do you want to?

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived