Security Installer Community

Premier 48 - Strange Blip Every 30 Sec

Cicero

Just installed a new Texecom Premier 48 system and it seems perfect in every way except a strange 'blip' sound from the external sounder, precisely every 30 seconds. I think this is due to a dip in the 12V supply but I've no idea why this would be.

Is there some kind of regular 'poll' or check that could be dragging the supply down?

I presume I've got some setting wrong somewhere but I can't find any 30 second timer except for the keypad courtesy light setting.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Identifying the source of electronic beeps is notoriously difficult. Before you try to correct what you perceive to be a problem with the alarm, make sure where the sound is coming from.

I've fitted loads of Prem 48 (and hundreds of other panels) and never come across this problem.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

dont know the premier but some panels do drop their ac off to test the battery.

So is the battery shot, or not fitted?

But agree with the others are you 100% sure its the alarm, and if so 100% sure its YOUR alarm?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

another smoke detector battery story ??

Cordless phone getting low ...... cordless drill battery fully charged ...... microwave meal ready ..... Anybodies guess ... but I bet it ain't the bell

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

another smoke detector battery story ??

Thats a classic !!!

My favourite was when a Doctor rang me up at 1am and started having a go at me about his outside sounder not stopping. I could hear it in the background a knew straight away that it was a Cobra car alarm...... he felt like such a fool

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

Ha Ha Best one i had was one night on call ,gets a job for warden call making a strange bleeping noise , when i get there could not find any thing wrong till i hear a bleep coming from the bathroom.Lady is having bathroom re tiled and all the tiles have still got their spacers in, lady says tiler is coming back tomorrow , then i hear a bleep again and it appears to be coming from behind the bath panel, i remove it and lo and behold , the decorator has left his tools in a bucket with 2 " of water , complete with beeping damp meter !!

Some bells do beep with premiers, set battery test timer to 0. They still give a single beep when leaving engineer mode if this is the cause.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

The blip is no longer every 30 seconds - it seems to be about every few minutes but not consstently.

I'm pretty sure the 'blip' is from the sounder, it coincides with a momentary subtle dimming of the keypad display and a drop in the supply voltage at the panel, not really measurable on the multimete but you know when the voltage sits at a steady level and then it suddenly drops a bit and returns - looks like there's something happening.

The sounder is a ADE Reson8 with an on-board SAB nicad battery - I'm now wondering if the 'blip' is some kind of not-yet-charged indication from the sounder but there's no mention of it in the installation notes or the ADE website.

I'll keep you posted.

Many thanks for the entertaining 'beep' tales, mine may still turn out to be something silly, I'll report back tomorrow.

Some bells do beep with premiers, set battery test timer to 0. They still give a single beep when leaving engineer mode if this is the cause.

sorry breff, hadn't see your suggestion before my last reply - will try this and report back!

I have been called out to them all over the years.

Smoke with low batt

Phone left off the hook

Fault on fire alarm.

Next doors alarm going off

Mobile with low batt left under the stairs

Poss loads more..

Archived