Security Installer Community

Switched Spur In Bathroom

hpotter

I can plug in my shaver and have a hot/cold tap running in the other..................

Ah, if it's a double insulated shaver socket, that's different again.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Bathrooms are 'zoned' and certain equipment cannot be installed in these zones.

If the heater and switch are out of the zone then it 'may' be ok depending on the RCD fitted, to have them in the bathroom.

As a rule I never fit plate switches in a bathroom and only ever use pull switches.

In a large commercial spa room we once fitted a double socket because it was way out of zone allowing for a 2m cord on appliances.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest old-hand
Ah, if it's a double insulated shaver socket, that's different again.

Yeah I know, was messing.

make sure they are wet then laugh.gif

Always :P

the 17th edition now allows for socket outlets other than selv to be permitted in zone 3 of a bathroom provided the circuit is RCd protected. However the work comes under Part P as it is a special location!

ve hav ze nolij or if not we ask!!!!

the 17th edition now allows for socket outlets other than selv to be permitted in zone 3 of a bathroom provided the circuit is RCd protected. However the work comes under Part P as it is a special location!

Ahhh. Hence other flats new fuseboard.

Thanks ispy.

17th edition does not have a zone 3 only 1&2. Sockets must be 3 meters from zone 2

Trade Member

17th edition does not have a zone 3 only 1&2. Sockets must be 3 meters from zone 2

Sockets must be 3m from zone 1 (edge of the bath) and protected by 30ma RCD. Not allowed in my house though. Never.

Archived