Security Installer Community

Abel Engineer Code

pnburton

agreed but if that requires a callout there is usually a fee involved

not most of the time,cancelled contracts are mainly signalling systems,and we attend to either remove the stu/dualcom etc or to prog out the digi record if on board digi,prog customer reset and default engineer code,no charge is made to the customer..

OK i see your point but from our point of view ie if it were a SIA customer then we would charge to do the above, ie a visit is a visit. Agreed once there then we would do as needed for no additional charge.

The only way we wouldnt charge is if it was cancelled before the maintenance ran out, maybe that might be a way around it

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

not most of the time,cancelled contracts are mainly signalling systems,and we attend to either remove the stu/dualcom etc or to prog out the digi record if on board digi,prog customer reset and default engineer code,no charge is made to the customer..

It's unlikely that a 595 will be a signalling system ... and clearly Abel have been told that their services will not be required in the future so there is nothing in it for them ... therefore they will only attend if there is a good profit. They're quite happy for the client to look elsewhere.

What would I do? I wouldn't send an engineer even if the client was prepared to pay

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

OK i see your point but from our point of view ie if it were a SIA customer then we would charge to do the above, ie a visit is a visit. Agreed once there then we would do as needed for no additional charge.

The only way we wouldnt charge is if it was cancelled before the maintenance ran out, maybe that might be a way around it

Must admit I think

It's unlikely that a 595 will be a signalling system ... and clearly Abel have been told that their services will not be required in the future so there is nothing in it for them ... therefore they will only attend if there is a good profit. They're quite happy for the client to look elsewhere.

What would I do? I wouldn't send an engineer even if the client was prepared to pay

How dare you, prob gardtecs main panel for comms, able used them for a good while, as did Kings.

:oops: Sorry about that. I thought it was pretty basic ....... but the rest of my post stands.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived