Security Installer Community

2 Cameras Images Down 1 Coax

satsuma01

whats the item you would usae to take 2 cctv images down 1 coax?

thanks

ps new cable run isnt possible as ducts have collapsed :(

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

whats the item you would usae to take 2 cctv images down 1 coax?

thanks

ps new cable run isnt possible as ducts have collapsed :(

This is possible Collin but I'mnot sure who does the product.

Its quite expensive thought are you sure you can't run in another cable?

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

This is possible Collin but I'mnot sure who does the product.

Its quite expensive thought are you sure you can't run in another cable?

Paul.

well its possible BUT :) the ground would have to be dug up :( again to install another duct as the duct wasnt installed properly and seems to be collapsed in a few places

i have already rodded it from both ends of the duct and the rod only goes so far .

but yes i could re dig the ground over and install another duct to the back fence then conduit along that fence to the property. it would be a long run thoug.

i suppose i could install a cat 5 cable and use all the cores to run a ptz, and 2 cameras and just ditch that old cable altogether., it must be approx 300 metres or more.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

well its possible BUT :) the ground would have to be dug up :( again to install another duct as the duct wasnt installed properly and seems to be collapsed in a few places

i have already rodded it from both ends of the duct and the rod only goes so far .

but yes i could re dig the ground over and install another duct to the back fence then conduit along that fence to the property. it would be a long run thoug.

i suppose i could install a cat 5 cable and use all the cores to run a ptz, and 2 cameras and just ditch that old cable altogether., it must be approx 300 metres or more.

Can you not pull through a strong draw wire with the existing cable then pull in two more tough direct burials through the original duct ?

System Q Ltd.

If your duct has collapsed or been damaged, your cable could be sustaining damage and you may have to re-dig it at some time anyway. maybe worth just re-doing it now and save any future problems.

Hmmm...... digging in the snow and zero temparature. Nice.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

there is definitely a device which does this you can purchase them from norbains i think they are about two hundred quid though

Archived