Security Installer Community

Hiding Wiring

RichardAirey

tbh if its a diy job you do not have to worry about graded products

also if you fit a grade 2 panel with grade 1 detection the system is only grade one

Employed by an NSI GOLD company

Any comments or views i have are my own, and do not represent that of my employer or clients.

tbh if its a diy job you do not have to worry about graded products

Yo, at last, someone else who understands that DIY is G1 and regs don't come into it, thanks garsec, and welcome to the Forum :yes:

magpye

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Ok we understand!!! BUT if your insurance company asks 'Do you have an alarm fitted' what reply do you give?

Yes-"but I installed it"-will the insurance company decline to give you any benefits because it's not graded or installed by a registered company?.

Also the last company I worked for had on all their customer quotes/specifications that a Veritas adheres to EN 50131-1, grade 2X.

Spoke to Texecom Tech this morning and as far as their concerned Veritas is Grade 2 !.

This is where all the confusing grey areas come in again!.

Anyone shed any more light?. :wacko:

Just another quick point to make-If you have a system fitted by a reg company/graded etc and inform the insurance company, you may get a couple of quid knocked off your monthly premium!, But they would then expect the system to be used at all times surely!-No nipping to the newsagents 5 mins away, or working in the garden leaving the property exposed to an opportunist scroat-as we all know insurance companies will do their utmost usually to refute a claim if your found negligent in your use of the alarm!!.

Is it just worth not telling them (for want of a few quid a month)and relying soley on the 'deterrent factor' in case you 'pop out' without setting?.

Again any thoughts people?

Veritas 8: Grade 1

Veritas 8C: Grade 1

Veritas R8: Grade 1

Veritas R8+: Grade 2

Excel: Grade 2

... and diy installs are all ungraded irrespective of the equipment used

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Is it just worth not telling them (for want of a few quid a month)and relying soley on the 'deterrent factor' in case you 'pop out' without setting?.

IME insurance companies dont ask about domestic alarms and when they do they only ask is the property alarmed.

Is it worth it? I have an alarm fitted in my house but its never been used, i have a big dog and an angry wife.

You wouldnt wanna try your luck with either of them.

Archived