Security Installer Community

Flashing Leds - Where To Buy ?

scotyjohn

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Alarm-Door-Window-Co...A1%7C240%3A1318

Same as above mate, just saying as part off the alarm installation I have a door contact on the patio doors as well as a Pir within the same area all conected up to sound within the bellbox if activated.

sorry mate but this is DIY section we are not all experts , surely you even knew what I was referring too ??!!

Scoty,

What have you actually got operating to secure your house?

As you say this is a DIY section and i have read the e bay site and your contact is normally open but surely there has to be an alarm panel in place........if not then its to DIY for me.

Give the list of the equipment you have and you will get better answer.

As for my van and shed its all protected and the wee idiots were caught on the CCTV!

!

If there is no panel and the system is armed lets say the door is opened in a breakin.

Will the bell ring for ever?

Just looked at the link??

NO going NC, me thinks an error on the E-bay add

Scoty,

Normally DIY'ers get annoyed with us giving them advice but your security system does not add up now at all.

What panel have you got?

What bell have you got?

and how many zones????

Sound to me you are trying to make a system that would not even be sold on e bay or you are struggling to understand the basics of alarm systems and what type of equipment you require.

!

Scoty,

Normally DIY'ers get annoyed with us giving them advice but your security system does not add up now at all.

What panel have you got?

What bell have you got?

and how many zones????

Sound to me you are trying to make a system that would not even be sold on e bay or you are struggling to understand the basics of alarm systems and what type of equipment you require.

There is no problem here mate was merely pointing out that surely the above poster knew exactly what I was talking about when he quoted me regards the door contact, the original thread was all about leds and where to buy them?? now have my answers and will leave it at that. what does seem to be very clear to me is that a lot off alarm installers dislike the whole idea off DIY alarms - correct ??!!

anyway again appreciatte to all who have kindly helped me out with advice- cheers

okay ended up going for a Texecom housing with a couple off 5mm leds powered from the self contained lithiam ( spelling ??!! ) battery the came with them.

It was strange to go to the lengh of ordering a SASU cover and all these LED's, seems clear that he has no system to provide 12v, otherwise surely he would of fitted a new bell with intergrated LEDs. :rolleyes:

We all like a challenge but would just be so much easier to buy one as mentioned for

The above is my personal opinion and not that of my employer or anyone else.

There is no problem here mate was merely pointing out that surely the above poster knew exactly what I was talking about when he quoted me

No, he was honestly questioning the configuration you suggested

does seem to be very clear to me is that a lot off alarm installers dislike the whole idea off DIY alarms - correct ??!!

Fact is ..... we know that trying to kid intruders that you have security is a big risk, and if it doesn't work you'll be kicking yourself. There are thousands of people in this country who have had bad experiences ... sometimes their life ruined ... because they didn't have the correct security.

DIY'ers who do it right are fine. DIY'ers who want us to tell them how to save money by skimping won't like our answers.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived