Security Installer Community

Which Wireless Alarm System?

hi no its a small late 1980's house, actually i dont tend to go for quality in cars strangely as im a bit of a ford fan!! i can see that your a fan of Audi hehe , my mate who is an Audi fan and me yesterday spent all day arguing over what brand is better!!

But as for alarms i definately want quality, i dont want false alarms and the last thing i want is some yellow solar powered device that looks like it has come straight out the argos catalogue! how downmarket! most of the houses down my road have an alarm that was installed professionally when the houses where built i think they where put in to make the street look a little more upmarket and in the 80's it was fasionable to have an alarm, but all now look old and mouldy and dont really work so offer little security.

As for the proposed installation cableing all in one corner to make things easy, lets see what company no. 3 has to say

Oh and another thing do they do a smaller wired panel then a 8 zone?? as thats what they say is the smallest and i think its a bit of a waste

Many Thanks

hi no its a small late 1980's house, actually i dont tend to go for quality in cars strangely as im a bit of a ford fan!! i can see that your a fan of Audi hehe , my mate who is an Audi fan and me yesterday spent all day arguing over what brand is better!!

But as for alarms i definately want quality, i dont want false alarms and the last thing i want is some yellow solar powered device that looks like it has come straight out the argos catalogue! how downmarket! most of the houses down my road have an alarm that was installed professionally when the houses where built i think they where put in to make the street look a little more upmarket and in the 80's it was fasionable to have an alarm, but all now look old and mouldy and dont really work so offer little security.

As for the proposed installation cableing all in one corner to make things easy, lets see what company no. 3 has to say

Oh and another thing do they do a smaller wired panel then a 8 zone?? as thats what they say is the smallest and i think its a bit of a waste

Many Thanks

its the standard entry panel to be honest.

You should get a wired system for no more then

As Aaron says it is the smallest decent panel these days, and often not enough anymore.

No-one can really give a price without seeing your house and doing a risk assesment. Everything else is just guesswork.

But assuming a lot, and say your need, front door, hall, lounge, kitchen, landing then yes id agree as we would be around

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi thanks for your help and advise, decided to go for a wired scantronic system, with autodialer, 1 PIR, 1 Magnet contact, 1 break glass sensor, 1 fire smoke sensor, 1 years maintainance, with ssaib approved and nacoss approved. Seen there work from a an old friends got 2 homes with there sysems in and work looks good very neat. Also gave me a paperwork all typed up and neat, and where friendly all for

Hi thanks for your help and advise, decided to go for a wired scantronic system, with autodialer, 1 PIR, 1 Magnet contact, 1 break glass sensor, 1 fire smoke sensor, 1 years maintainance, with ssaib approved and nacoss approved. Seen there work from a an old friends got 2 homes with there sysems in and work looks good very neat. Also gave me a paperwork all typed up and neat, and where friendly all for

!

ahh ok on the glossy bit it says intruder alarms to PD6662:dd243,bs50131 and nacoss and SSAIB codes of practices. then down below it has a nacoss gold logo, so i guess there proberbly nacoss lol.

it says its a Scantronic 9651EN-41, rokonet vitron break glass, oddesy 3 sounder, internal sounder, grade 2 quad, then it just says smoke sensor,

and yeah ill get it to dial everyone, allthough ive just seen a powermax one (and they say they can fit that too or scantronic wireless)that you can see inside your home whenver you want and talk down the phone and listen in so i could change my mind....

• 3 weeks later...
i-on40 ? do you have any details on this - i assume its a 40 zoner?

Its a 40 zone hybrid panel (unlike the 16), due to be released at Ifsec this year. weve been promised a play in March, and I'll post more details when we've had a go.

We've now fitted quite a few ion-16's and still have one on test from months back. Given that when quoting a basic bells only domestic we offer hardwired 9651EN or (now) Ion-16 (at

• 1 month later...

Hello all

I really need some help..

Ive fitted my first i-on16 system today, All seems fine.. Getting maximum signal strength even with the PIR at total opposite end of the house in conservatory. Im impressed

Anyway.. Everything seems fine exept the external bellbox, The bell box i have used is a Texecom Odyssey.

I have power at the box, strobe is connecting fine, Blinking as it should in day mode. I JUST CANT GET AN EXTERNAL SIREN.. No sound from the box. Ive done the test on the i-on16 panel activating the external bell On/Off... But nothing?????

I would really appreciate someones help on this. If someone could email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or let me know your email add and ill email you.. I have photos to show you of the connections so far..

Maybe someone can show me what ive missed??

I really appreciate someone help.

Thank you

Archived