Security Installer Community

Which Wireless Alarm System?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the replies to my post. My existing system is a 30 year old wired clunk click relay-solenoid key operated arm disarm type. I feel that I need to change to the now tried and tested new coming of age wireless technology. Has anyone reviewed the Yale HSA premium 6400 system? Also at what price level do the contol and monitor by phone start at?

• 5 weeks later...

The Yale HSA 6000 alarms are good budget DIY systems if you are looking for a cheap system.

Installation is easy and you can use up to 20 detectors. Not in the same league as a pro installed alarm but a good option if money is tight.

Sttigg

has anyone tried the new wireless panel from scantronic, ion16 ?

Had one running in workshop for well over a month now, tried our best to break it but still working ok. Lots of plus points, but price slightly less than homelink 55 so cant see us fitting one tbo.

Had one running in workshop for well over a month now, tried our best to break it but still working ok. Lots of plus points, but price slightly less than homelink 55 so cant see us fitting one tbo.

I fitted one of these i-on's today , excellent bit of kit - probably the quckest install i have ever done - the speechdialler is a plug on pcb version of the menvier tsd1+ combined with a digi, i also got an adsl broadband filter which plugs on the speechdialler. Fitted a 7A battery in the main panel.

Good range on detectors - i just enrolled a pir and took it to all the specified areas and got an 8 or 9 on all of them - the lowest was the shed i got a 6 (55m away from panel) Nice radio bell (has a spirit level in) and you canb achieve the full 15mins audibly.

Everything is preset (definitians) and you enroll detctors by tamper - it gives you a signal strength once enrolled.

The wirefree prox keypad is really nice - main keypad has a directional nav key with a tick (enter) and cross (back) button ... like a mobile really

Can see this doing well and no calls from the customer. Have a look www.i-on16.co.uk

As posted, lots of good features and I did esp like the plug on bb filter which fits on the digi within the panel - nice touch for those inspectorates!

I still think we'll wait. I-on40 out in may (been promised a demo in march) which is a hybrid panel like the homelink 55 - right up our street.

• 2 weeks later...

i can recommend several wireless alarm systems

From Risco the wisdom is a fantastic piece of kit - highly recommended once you get your head round the programming. The agility is coming too and looks really impressive especially the wireless LCD keypad.

The CQR radio stuff is also very reliable, both the freewave and the oasis. we never get problems with either of them

i can't comment on how reliable the I-on is but had the demo and it looked nice, although the lack of a decent wireless keypad was a drawback as is the eurograding. The big plus was the BB filter - excellent idea that.

Archived