Security Installer Community

Forum Pm (private Message) System

Just to remind everyone that members with a post count of less than 15 cannot send or receive PM's.

Members wanting to PM need to get posting!

Please be aware we won't tolerate SPAM (posting unconstructive comments or topics) merely to raise post count. In addition members merely trying to "get to 15" so they can then PM about jobs or offer their products and services to others will be banned.

We offer advertising packages on TSI - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/chat.asp

I apologise to the many members that the above does not apply to and suggest to the few (we know who) causing the problems by abusing the PM privelege to stop before their accounts get deleted.

Many thanks,

Chorlton.

Just to remind everyone that members with a post count of less than 15 cannot send or receive PM's.

Please be aware we won't tolerate SPAM (posting unconstructive comments or topics) merely to raise post count. In addition members merely trying to "get to 15" so they can then PM about jobs or offer their products and services to others will be banned.

We offer advertising packages on TSI - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Content/chat.asp

I apologise to the many members that the above does not apply to and suggest to the few (we know who) causing the problems by abusing the PM privelege to stop before their accounts get deleted.

Many thanks,

Chorlton.

Yeah I agree, all that pointless agreeing with people just for the sake of it in order to get your post count up is pretty pointless really...... :yes:

Yeah I agree, all that pointless agreeing with people just for the sake of it in order to get your post count up is pretty pointless really...... :yes:

on the other hand esp - people post just to disagree with me - so now i really know why :lol:

regs

Alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Many thanks,

Chorlton.

good point chorlton, lately ive noticed a few potential suppliers that seem to think they can post about there products, mainly china based )) and think its ok to use the site for that purpose.

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Yeah, I tottaly agree!! lol

Seriously though agreeing just to get your post count up isn't helpful to anyone but on the other hand I sometimes agree to a technical point just to help the OP, for example if the OP is getting conflicting advice re: a technical issue it can help him if several people suggest the same fix.

qfa

lol, it's the newbies with only a handful of posts who have no intention of joining in on the forums regularily and merely want to post a job request or job vacancy that I am focusing on in particular.

I have received a complaint from a member that they were PM'd on the "off chance" they wanted work & what I'm also seeing is a small minority of newbies reluctant to make 15 posts and trying to repeatedly post contact info in the public forum.

This has resulted in the vacancies & subby forum becoming post previewed for all topics & posts which is unfortunate especially as it means James & I have to manually approve, edit or delete each post before making it "live".

I'd honestly prefer TSI to have less member restrictions but because we don't have the old warning system it is tricky to get the point across to the minority who have either joined or returned to since James & I made the changes that are causing the problem.

C.

Yeah, I agree...................................................

.....1998 posts......................2 to go :D

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Yeah, I agree...................................................

.....1998 posts......................2 to go :D

:banned:

:lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Many thanks,

Chorlton.

while fully understanding the POV above, can we not allow PM's to the newbee's from established posters/trade members?

sometimes a public response could come over as an embarresing comment twards them, which surely you'd also want to avoid offending them?

we also had a recent post for an obsolete karizma rkp, somebody might well have one to give or sell off cheaply but not want to risk rude banter or comments by offering a spare to the poster in the public forum for what ever reason.

i had a 9448+ a recent poster might have needed, i would hapily have given it away for the cost of postage

(anyone want it? - pm if so as a

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived