Security Installer Community

Forum Pm (private Message) System

i had a 9448+ a recent poster might have needed, i would hapily have given it away for the cost of postage

(anyone want it? - pm if so as a

post-19009-1224123107_thumb.jpg

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

while fully understanding the POV above, can we not allow PM's to the newbee's from established posters/trade members?

sometimes a public response could come over as an embarresing comment twards them, which surely you'd also want to avoid offending them?

we also had a recent post for an obsolete karizma rkp, somebody might well have one to give or sell off cheaply but not want to risk rude banter or comments by offering a spare to the poster in the public forum for what ever reason.

i had a 9448+ a recent poster might have needed, i would hapily have given it away for the cost of postage

(anyone want it? - pm if so as a

This has resulted in the vacancies & subby forum becoming post previewed for all topics & posts which is unfortunate especially as it means James & I have to manually approve, edit or delete each post before making it "live".

Ahh. I wondered what happened to my coffee & walnut cake post.

That aside, would it not be possible to create a seperate area on the forum for jobs etc (not sure what the etc is). Charge a nominal fee for those seeking & those offering plus maybe a larger fee & tie-up with security recruitment agencies? Pay a few bills here & avoid newbies lol'ing jokes etc.

Dunno about fee structures etc. Twas just a thought.

(are there any other parts of the forum where posts are pre-approved?)

Ahh. I wondered what happened to my coffee & walnut cake post.

That aside, would it not be possible to create a seperate area on the forum for jobs etc (not sure what the etc is). Charge a nominal fee for those seeking & those offering plus maybe a larger fee & tie-up with security recruitment agencies? Pay a few bills here & avoid newbies lol'ing jokes etc.

Dunno about fee structures etc. Twas just a thought.

(are there any other parts of the forum where posts are pre-approved?)

We don't want a "pay-per-post" situatuion TBH.

Members should be able to post vacancies and list themselves available as subbies FOC.

Funny you should mention recruitment agencies as this went live today - http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/Cont...itesponsors.asp

Banners will follow shortly, watch this space!

If you look on the index page it states all topics and posts are previewed in the vacancies and subcontractors forums. It also states all new topics in the swap shop are too.

The above has been done to take the pressure off James & I regards editing as it means we can edit/remove posts at our leisure before making them "live".

The vacancies & subcontractors area need to stay "on-topic" and we are going to stop newbies being able to post in them at all. This will save many members suffering for the actions of the few "users".

Hope that helps explain what we're doing & why we have been editing the public forum ref rules 6&7 and the PM system changes.

At least the spammers seem to have taken the hint, for now, lol

C.

Archived