Security Installer Community

Private Use Opt Out Question

Huxley

Guest anguscanplay
Depends who'se asking.

And what on Contract of Employment and T&Cs

the whole threads about proving things - thats the crux of the matter

Sorry I'm not trying to start a war or anything, I was just asking what other people had been asked when they opted out of private use of the company van

But then I get accused of using the van after hours then a post went on about stealing stock from the van but that post has been edited now! I don't need to know about the self employed bit as I'm not I'm on the cards :D

All I was after was what other people had been asked

Havent opted out but i know someone who as and was not asked to provide any details apart from signing a bit of paper to confirm his vehicle WILL not be used privately,although almost all vehicles are tracked :rolleyes:

and how do you prove a negative?????,in law you are innocent untill proved (beyond resonable doubt) guilty,unfortunatley with the HMRC you are guilty unitll you prove you are innocent

With anything involving a car you are guilty till YOU prove YOURSELF innocent

No problem with that. Having gone through the procedure with the nice man from the Revenue, keep the logs/records and have the opt out documented and nowt to worry about.

Being charged tax just cos you might use van though is different and rebates will be due

With anything involving a car you are guilty till YOU prove YOURSELF innocent

and redbull YOU are under NO obligation to sign a n.i.p or a fixed penalty ticket which arrives in a brown envelope with a second class stamp,in fact its 6 points for speeding or 3 for failure to furnish information,BUT to conviict for failing to furnish they have to prove(the court that is) you DID recieve all the notices and you DID ignore them.as i said before very hard to prove a negative and you are not always guilty

Guest anguscanplay
No problem with that. Having gone through the procedure with the nice man from the Revenue, keep the logs/records and have the opt out documented and nowt to worry about.

Being charged tax just cos you might use van though is different and rebates will be due

though if the mileage doesnt match up, and the revenue decide a charge is payable and I know for sure I didnt do the miles - hey I`d better pay it on my staffs behalf because after all they earn everything for me?

yeah right

and redbull YOU are under NO obligation to sign a n.i.p or a fixed penalty ticket which arrives in a brown envelope with a second class stamp,in fact its 6 points for speeding or 3 for failure to furnish information,BUT to conviict for failing to furnish they have to prove(the court that is) you DID recieve all the notices and you DID ignore them.as i said before very hard to prove a negative and you are not always guilty

really? Ill give you call then

or can i just say you were driving?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I have opted out with my works VAN and I just had to sign a bit of paper and tell them the registration number of my private car.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived