Security Installer Community

Private Use Opt Out Question

Huxley

Thats what I'm trying to find out do I "have" to supply my own vehicle details to our company ?

If it was aked for by the HMRC that would not be a problem if it had come on a genuine HMRC form but this info was asked for on a nearly blank A4 sheet of paper with a few other bits on it that are not relivant to the personal vehicle details

I'm just trying to find out if "anybody" else has been asked this question from their company when they have opted out!

OK Hux no problem fella.

Could your car be the wives ;) & therfore none of their business?

I would not ask my engineers about their personal vehicles.

I would "think" it's not allowed TBH.

My last couple of replies should cover where your employer may be coming from.

C.

Believe it or not.

The peeps at the Tax Office are almost human these days -helpful and polite.

agreed - always helped me when i ring them with daft questions so think a sensible question should be breath of fresh air for them

p

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Guest anguscanplay
Having gone through a tax investigation, then No, your company does not need info on private vehicles you do not use for work.

for tax purposes - no

OK Hux no problem fella.

I would not ask my engineers about their personal vehicles.

C.

you would if you needed too - not implying Huxley cause he won`t be the only engineer at his firm

Having gone through a tax investigation, then No, your company does not need info on private vehicles you do not use for work.

Did you employ anybody ?

Your company need to know if you have a car for your own use, if you fail to provide the information asked for then it will be assumed that your still going to use the company vehicle at night.

Tracker on ours, nobody can tell lies.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

if you fail to provide the information asked for then it will be assumed that your still going to use the company vehicle at night.

I don't use the van unless it's for work as I hate driving the thing at the best of times, I drive it all day and I don't want to drive the damb thing at night as well when I can drive one of our nice cars in comfort without all the rattles and clanking :D

Guest anguscanplay
I don't use the van unless it's for work as I hate driving the thing at the best of times, I drive it all day and I don't want to drive the damb thing at night as well when I can drive one of our nice cars in comfort without all the rattles and clanking :D

LOL, we hear what your saying but WE need to be sure - get my drift?

Did you employ anybody ?

Your company need to know if you have a car for your own use, if you fail to provide the information asked for then it will be assumed that your still going to use the company vehicle at night.

Tracker on ours, nobody can tell lies.

Rich

It was my own car.And still i got the third degree from them. Opt out of car/van schemes and they will look at you very closely. Having checked as many documents/notes from HMRC as i could find. Nowhere does it say you have to divvy up info on other vehicles.

As Chris says, the other car may be your wifes.

Guest anguscanplay
As Chris says, the other car may be your wifes.

in which case i`d probably want my van back at night then - nothing to do with tax

Archived