Security Installer Community

Private Use Opt Out Question

Huxley

I have opted out of the private use of the company van, I know I will be doing mileage log sheets and only using it to travel to and from work at the moment they are unmarked then we will be getting plain white vans shortly with the compay logo etc on them

Is there anybody else that has done this and what other information has you company asked you for ?

Hux

various topics relating to vehicle usage have been discussed before, try a few searches (top right corner of screen) or try here - http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/

I would but "opting out " brings this up :whistle:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

;)

Sorry I was just asking what information other people have been asked for when they have opted out of private use as for the HMRC web site been there tried that, just after anymore info on what other companies have asked staff for ?

Sorry I was just asking what information other people have been asked for when they have opted out of private use as for the HMRC web site been there tried that, just after anymore info on what other companies have asked staff for ?

There's loads of info on here about the subject. Posted much of it myself.

Does beg the question though. Why opt out of something and THEN go looking for the relevant info.

you`ll be leaving the van at work overnight then?

No, because I work from home, if I go to the office once a month it's excessive.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

No no need to according to the HMRC website

HMRC web site info From 6 April 2005, a lot of people will no longer have to pay tax on their company van. You will only pay tax if you use the van for private journeys other than journeys between home and work. If you are affected by this, please talk to your employer then get in touch with us so we can change your tax code to make sure you pay the right amount of tax.

What if I only use the van for work journeys?

If the only journeys you make in the van are work journeys

No no need to according to the HMRC website

Because the company are asking some questions about our own personal vehicles and there is no question to any of this on the HMRC website asking for the same info if that begs your question !!!

Nothing to do with company.

Archived