Security Installer Community

Private Use Opt Out Question

Huxley

the only thing thats hard Hux is working out exactly what peeps mean when they ask questions.

Q) do you feel your employer may be seeking clarification that you do no private mileage?

rather than ask directly it may be easier to "claim" HMRC req details of personal transport if vans are claimed as business only.

C.

why not just ask your company why they need to know your private vehicle info instead of trying to second guess them and if they say its a revenue thing ASK them for details.

I know its frustrating asking questions but we are alarm engineers on a security forum not tax experts on a tax forum :D

you could always ring the tax office yourseif and ask them what info they need and why - the phone number is on your tax paperwork with your referance number

are we talking national Co or small one?

good luck

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

rather than ask directly it may be easier to "claim" HMRC req details of personal transport if vans are claimed as business only.

Thats what I'm trying to find out do I "have" to supply my own vehicle details to our company ?

If it was aked for by the HMRC that would not be a problem if it had come on a genuine HMRC form but this info was asked for on a nearly blank A4 sheet of paper with a few other bits on it that are not relivant to the personal vehicle details

I'm just trying to find out if "anybody" else has been asked this question from their company when they have opted out!

Guest anguscanplay
Thats what I'm trying to find out do I "have" to supply my own vehicle details to our company ?

stops beating around the bush -

Q. "do I have to supply my own vehicle details to our company ...?"

A. do you wanna keep your job?

I'm just trying to find out if "anybody" else has been asked this question from their company when they have opted out!

Having gone through a tax investigation, then No, your company does not need info on private vehicles you do not use for work.

If it was aked for by the HMRC that would not be a problem if it had come on a genuine HMRC form but this info was asked for on a nearly blank A4 sheet of paper with a few other bits on it that are not relivant to the personal vehicle details

i drive a company vectra so never faced this situation - but if i was i would be contacting HMRC directly myself before disclosing info or going onto a tax forum and asking them

i'm sure they will be people coming on the forum over the the couple of days (especially the bosses ) who can answer the question better then me.

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

are we talking national Co or small one?

Now part of one of the big ones down south just been taken over arggg

No it's just seems to be getting into a gestapo regime as we can't do this can't do that can't get stuff out of the stores on our own now so we have wiat for someone to turn up so we can get our bits we need, so we are in the thinking of a non trust of their members of staff " I have been with the same company 10 years and we never had any of these problems before the takeover

Archived