Security Installer Community

Private Use Opt Out Question

Huxley

QFA.

home to customer is a work journey?

home to office is work journey too???

I would have said the latter was commuting personally.

If you have to report to office, that is a private journey.

Home to and from a designated area of work (town, county) is also a private journey.

Check your contract of employment/job description very carefully.

Guest anguscanplay
No, because I work from home, if I go to the office once a month it's excessive.

depends is your an "itenerant traveller..." or not http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/BIM37620.htm ?. In the O/P`s case he should STILL be charged for journeys from home to the office BUT not from home to site

just never call at the office before lunch is my advice - LOL

But they say it's a HMRC question ???? but can't find anything on the HMRC website say the same ?

Basicly I have told them it's my own car and has nothing to do with work so don't poke you f%&^% nose :D

Guest anguscanplay
But they say it's a HMRC question ???? but can't find anything on the HMRC website say the same ?

Basicly I have told them it's my own car and has nothing to do with work so don't poke you f%&^% nose :D

huxley - can you explain what your on about?

The company deduct Tax from your wages based on your tax Code.

What you declare to tax man is up to you.

Just remember though, the company have to submit a P46 (or summat like) every quater - stating who has got what company vehicle etc.

Your own car would only be a work related matter (IMO) if you were a business owner.

I have a pick-up for work which I record personal milage for as I don't have a personal car.

If I had a personal car it would seem more "reasonable" for HMRC to belive the pick-up was used for business only. As it is trying to claim I do no personal milage would be like farting against thunder.

C.

Guest anguscanplay

I think its his employer concerned about "private jobs" - if you only got a motorbike your not really going to be doing that many installs LOL

It's hard work on here :whistle:

1: I have a company van

2: I have opted out opf private use

3: I only use the van to get to site or the office to pick up supplies

4: It sits outside my house going nowhere the rest of the time

5: It gets used for 24hr call out when I'm on call

6: I will be doing mileage logs

7: this is all in the remits of not paying tax on the van as per the HMRC website

8: The company are asking for my personal vehicles details

9: Goto 8: thats what i'm trying to find out if it's a company thing or a HMRC thing ??????

Guest anguscanplay
It's hard work on here :whistle:

1: I have a company van

2: I have opted out opf private use

3: I only use the van to get to site or the office to pick up supplies

4: It sits outside my house going nowhere the rest of the time

5: It gets used for 24hr call out when I'm on call

6: I will be doing mileage logs

7: this is all in the remits of not paying tax on the van as per the HMRC website

8: The company are asking for my personal vehicles details

9: Goto 8: thats what i'm trying to find out if it's a company thing or a HMRC thing ??????

you not reading my replies then? it`s a private use thing, they wanna know what car you got to asses the risk of you using the van on the quite - //.B.W.F.// fiddling milage sheets is day one at college stuff.

I`ll be having all un paid for vans back in the compound at night - see

Archived