Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 - Installer's Code

SG2

Appologies SG2.

It may be that youve hit on a software problem. Been onto scantronic and theyre "looking into it".

To explain:

9651 does NOT have a guard code facility and yet that is what has been happening with your panel. i.e. eng code omits the "faulty" or activated zone, rest of system remains active.

The bigger 9x5x panels do have this facility and can be enabled/disabled via engineering programming.

I thought you'd be able to get round this by forcing a user code to be keyed in before an engineer code (in your user booklet : user code1, 3,3,tick), however when I tried this panel said ok, but then I was still able to get into installer mode with just the eng code! SO......

Back onto scantronic and theyre looking into that aswell!

TBO these facilities wouldnt be required on 9651 as theyre a basic bread n butter panel, but youre quite right the eng code shouldnt isolate an activated zone without a command to disable it.

BTW, tried all this out on new out of the box panel and older panels during RM visits today and theyre all the same.

Will post again when I hear from scantronic.

Appologies SG2.

It may be that youve hit on a software problem. Been onto scantronic and theyre "looking into it".

To explain:

9651 does NOT have a guard code facility and yet that is what has been happening with your panel. i.e. eng code omits the "faulty" or activated zone, rest of system remains active.

The bigger 9x5x panels do have this facility and can be enabled/disabled via engineering programming.

I thought you'd be able to get round this by forcing a user code to be keyed in before an engineer code (in your user booklet : user code1, 3,3,tick), however when I tried this panel said ok, but then I was still able to get into installer mode with just the eng code! SO......

TBO these facilities wouldnt be required on 9651 as theyre a basic bread n butter panel, but youre quite right the eng code shouldnt isolate an activated zone without a command to disable it.

BTW, tried all this out on new out of the box panel and older panels during RM visits today and theyre all the same..

Interesting, i'll try this also...... hate the 9651's......had a lot of problems when we first started fitting them (when first released, we fitted them as our basic panels) They had a software fault with the first 4 zones when used in conjuntion with fsl..... random tampers and the like appeared. My user name was an ironic one!!! All settled now, Scantronic gave us some replacemen upgraded chips to replace on the pcb... Still not a fan.

Appologies SG2.

To explain:

BTW, tried all this out on new out of the box panel and older panels during RM visits today and theyre all the same.

Will post again when I hear from scantronic.

Thank you. So it's a software problem. Would be very grateful if you could let me know whether it can be fixed!

I suppose I should let the installers know and see what they say and if they're able to remedy it. Still pretty annoyed that they let their engineer's code get out into the open though...

Thank you. So it's a software problem. Would be very grateful if you could let me know whether it can be fixed!

I suppose I should let the installers know and see what they say and if they're able to remedy it. Still pretty annoyed that they let their engineer's code get out into the open though...

)He said he will let you know when he hears back from Scantronic who make the panel, give him time mate.

)Take that up directly with the Installation company. Remember you have to PROVE they did, they do not have to PROVE they didn't.

C.

Guest anguscanplay

seriously I would be looking at getting an " expert witness..." to do a site assesment, I dont for one minute think its the original installer (he has far too much to loose) and almost invariably its a member of staff / family BUT you do need a 3rd party to look at this.

Was the installer from an approved company?

your last point - try searching the forum for all the times public members give the trade grief for saying exactly that

As yet I cant give you an answer. Following telephone calls to scantronic technical I received an email from their commercial manager promising a reply "as soon as they have something concrete". I will post when I get that reply.

In the meantime I would suggest you contact your installer and your landlord to explain the situation to date, that will put everyone in a position to help you as best they can until a long term solution can be found.

Without knowing the exact circumstances of what happened (eg no access to log) I cannot give advice. I can say though that your installer was proberbly as sceptical as I was on reading your first post. Cut him some slack, things like this are very rare (how many times has your computer updated since you lived there?).

All that aside, did you contact the police following the burglary?

Hmmm

Think I've got myself in the sticky stuff and not sure how to get out of it.

1st impression: not happy with scanny reply.

2nd thoughts: understand what they say (ish).

3rd thing: could do with some input from trade "in the know"

Archived