Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 - Installer's Code

SG2

THE ENGINEER CODE DOES NOT UNSET THE SYSTEM! The code is used for programing the system and testing it and that's about it. If you don't know it then there is no way of finding it out, you can default the system on your own head be it, everyone comes on here taking no notice of SITE RULES stating that engineer codes and defaulting information will not be given, if you don't know the code or how to default it then sorry we can't help.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

While doing your testing with the Engineer -

It must have been turned ON with the Egg code, then OFF with the Eng code.

If turned ON with a User code, an Eng code will NOT turn it off.

I set the alarm using my user code then, when it went off, the engineer put in his code and the alarm sound stopped. However, walking into another zone set the alarm off again, although this could again be silenced by tapping in the engineer's code.

I can't remember if we tested whether re-entering a zone that had previously triggered alarm set the alarm off again - however, i suspect that entering the engineer's code somehow omitted the zone - hence the "U52 Z01 Omit" log entry and "Z01 Inactive" report...

THE ENGINEER CODE DOES NOT UNSET THE SYSTEM! The code is used for programing the system and testing it and that's about it. If you don't know it then there is no way of finding it out, you can default the system on your own head be it, everyone comes on here taking no notice of SITE RULES stating that engineer codes and defaulting information will not be given, if you don't know the code or how to default it then sorry we can't help.

I don't what defaulting is. However, I already have the engineer's code, so don't need help with that.

Basically i just want to know if we've got a dud system - when the alarm has been set off, entering the engineer's code turns it off (or at least turns off the siren). Why should that be and can I fix it?!

Getting back to the original question.

The alarm activated right? was it monitored?

In answer to your question regarding your rights - you can do what ever you like it's you property/alarm.

What the engineers duties are?? what do you pay him for? is he accredited to nsi or ssaid inspectorate? what do you want him to do/tell you?

I assume you asked all this to him directly whilst on site and are trying to double check his replies.

Without knowing anything about you, your alarm, your engineer our replies are guess work at best.

Without knowing whats wrong how on earth can we say if you can fix it?

Get the engineer back out and ask him is the only answer IMO.

C.

As other posters have said it is impossible to unset a system using the engineer code if it was set using a user code.

It is possible that the engineer programmed a user code for himself though and was using that code during the tests that the OP has described.

I don't think so. I repeated the test - ie set off the alarm and silenced it with the engineers code (0xxxx) myself.

I suppose the alarm wasn't reset, which is why it rearmed after 15 minutes, but that's no good if the siren is turned off.

It doesn't sound like anyone has heard of this sort of thing. Perhaps it's just a dodgy box?

I don't think so. I repeated the test - ie set off the alarm and silenced it with the engineers code (0xxxx) myself.

I suppose the alarm wasn't reset, which is why it rearmed after 15 minutes, but that's no good if the siren is turned off.

It doesn't sound like anyone has heard of this sort of thing. Perhaps it's just a dodgy box?

No offence but you really should get it looked at ASAP by someone you can trust.

Friends, family or neighbours know/use a company you could call?

What if burglar Bill comes back???

C.

Basically i just want to know if we've got a dud system - when the alarm has been set off, entering the engineer's code turns it off (or at least turns off the siren). Why should that be and can I fix it?!

No Not a dud system. Think you are using code 01 to omit a zone then setting system. Then waiting a few seconds then triggering alarm and using eng code. Sounders stop so u think system unset.

Try same again only after "unsetting" with eng code - open front door and entry timer will start. Not willing to say more.

So following burglary, did you call the police???

BTW you might only have 16 codes as posted if UK version, but 50 if EN version, sorry just assumed.

No offence but you really should get it looked at ASAP by someone you can trust.

C.

Too right!

First off I thought I should change the engineer's code - how do I do that? (I do know the current one)

C.

Too right!

First off I thought I should change the engineer's code - how do I do that? (I do know the current one)

Archived