Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 - Installer's Code

SG2

I take it a software change would only be applied to newly produced systems though?

Plus would they bother to change that feature if they put it in in the first place.

By the sounds of their response as long as they meet the correct standards they aren't bothered!

Not in a position to speak on behalf of any manufacturer.

I would think any change would not be retro.

The guard code feature makes sense on larger systems with comms. The 9651 is a cut down 9751.

IMO the user before eng setup was an "oversight".

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

reading the log this alarm wasnt turned off with a code it was activated as shown it would have said for eg zone 1 burgl then zone 1 omit then restored ,

the panel had gone off rung for 15 mins then reset its self ,,

but an engineer code will not disarm a 9651

the engineer who read ur log didnt know how to read it if you are saying

he confirmd your suspitions

and the log should still be visible if you type ur number then 5 puts you back into the log

he did read the log didnt he? and not ask what it said in the display when you disarmd the system?????

Ha ha Chris its been a long day lol!!

I saw in one post the engineer may have programmed a user cose in???? I maybe wrong.

I have seen this sort of situation before as the ex tennents have programmed a user code in to disarm the system when the new tennants have moved in and dont know! Then come in and disarm then help themelves and rearm.

Just thinking of what could have happened.

We have a few panels for rented properties and when the old tennants have left, the owner informs us and we dial into the panel and set a new user code so nobody can come and go as they please. The new user code is kept by us and the owner untill new tennants arrive and get their own code.

looks a bit odd tho when the front doors hangin on its hinges!!

Archived