Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 - Installer's Code

SG2

There is no bug.

9651EN designed to comply with PD6662:2006

there is no stiputation in EN50131-1 regarding silencing of alarm bells by engineer, nor any requirement to log it.

apparently.

I got approx 900 under warranty.

off to pub.

Hmmm

Think I've got myself in the sticky stuff and not sure how to get out of it.

1st impression: not happy with scanny reply.

2nd thoughts: understand what they say (ish).

3rd thing: could do with some input from trade "in the know"

It Does Get Fun With Cooper When Its Gets "Sticky" Been There Got the Tshirt

Sorry I Ever Mentioned Guard Codes At All

I Must Have A Play With One Soon To See How It Goes

Been Busy Auditing Service Engineers For NSI So Been Side Tracked

• 1 month later...
There is no bug.

9651EN designed to comply with PD6662:2006

there is no stiputation in EN50131-1 regarding silencing of alarm bells by engineer, nor any requirement to log it.

apparently.

I got approx 900 under warranty.

off to pub.

I don't get it. Does this mean the Engineer's code CAN be used to silence the alarm? :unsure:

If it does, does it apply if you specify the User Code to be entered prior to the engineers?

I don't get it. Does this mean the Engineer's code CAN be used to silence the alarm? :unsure:

If it does, does it apply if you specify the User Code to be entered prior to the engineers?

In the event of an alarm trigger, the eng code will silence the external bells & internal sounders. It wont stop the strobe, & wont interfere with the comms outputs. This only happens on one zone activation(ish) but not zone programmed as timed. Thus:

Z1 = fe = front door mrc

Z2 = er = PIR hall

Z3 = na = PIR lounge

Keypad in hall.

Burglar breaks in through hall window triggers alarm, enters eng code, noise stops, strobe & comms continue. steals car keys on hall table exit out hall window (nightmare senario). If he went into lounge sounders go again.

If you make Z2 on a second timer & Z3 on a third timer (cmd 201-204) say 30 sec & 10 sec eng code dont stop sounders. Sorry, cr*p idea I know but best I can come up with.

The user manual refers to forcing a user code before an eng code (code, 3,3,tick) and display shows enabled, but it's not enabled. (9751 & 9752 are ok btw).

Quite right.

Still rumour has it software change soon, but no rush as there aint a bug in the system!

I take it a software change would only be applied to newly produced systems though?

Plus would they bother to change that feature if they put it in in the first place.

By the sounds of their response as long as they meet the correct standards they aren't bothered!

Archived