Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20 Install Questions

vrstu

Right gents I seem to have caused myself a little problem here -

As above I changed the passcode for user 23 which I believe is the engineer login (user 23 is only visible after entering the engineer passcode). I've tried to get into the engineer menu today, firstly enter a normal user code then allow access and then back out to the main screen and enter the new engineer code but when I try to access the engineer sub menu it tells me I have isufficient rights to access it.

User 23 is shown as a master user - is this correct.

Thanks guys.

IF i recall form memory user 24 is installer, user 23 is master/manager

But you need to enable installer access from the manager menu else you will get an insufficient rights message.

This is a requirement of EN50131 as you need to give permission to access the installer menu.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

If I log in as a user I can only see up to user 22, however if I log in using the pass code that I set for user 23 I can then see user 23. I can't see any more users than that and the user that I modified the pass code for to stop the default pass code was 23 and now the default pass code doesn't work.

I know what my engineer code is and even when I enable engineer access in Modify (Change 0 to 1 to enable L3 access) I still don't have the access rights of an engineer. THe only thing I can assume is the I have somehow modified the access rights of the engineer access.

Right - I'm soreted with the access problem now, managed to do a default and get the codes reset.

Hopefully one last question -

I don't subscribe to a monitoring service but I do want to use the SMS feature (Option 44 and Option 56/1/17)

If I put the Galaxy SMS centre number into my panel 56/1/17/2 and trigger the alarm I get a Line fault followed by SMS fault. As soon as I remove the number obviously no faults.

Can somene please please point me in the right direction with this, I get the feeling I am missing something quite basic here.

Thanks.

Archived