Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20 Install Questions

vrstu

they are pity well setup by default just change the zone types to as desired, set up codes and for uncommunicated system turn alarm reset off

Mark Terry

A.M.I. Security

Covering the Thames Valley

Tel. 01189 775173 24hours

mark.terry@amisecurity.co.uk

they are pity well setup by default just change the zone types to as desired, set up codes and for uncommunicated system turn alarm reset off

Ok, I have/would like the following setup if possible -

Zone 1001 - PIR @ point of entry (Final or Exit?)

Zone 1002 - PIR in Kitchen (Intruder)

Zone 1003 - PIR on first floor landing (Intruder)

Zone 1004 - Panic Buttons in Master Bedroom (PA)

Zone 1011 - PIR in Garage (Intruder)

Zone 1012 - Garage Door Contacts (Intruder)

Zone 1013 - Spare

Zone 1014 - Spare

Zone 1015 - Spare

Zone 1016 - Spare

Zone 1017 - Spare

Zone 1018 - Spare

Does that sound ok? Should 1001 be Final or Exit?

I had hoped this would make it simpler to setup a group for instance at night we might want garage, 1 of the downstairs PIR's and Panic Button.

Will I have to set the garage door contact as a NC for Zone resistance?

I'll also be wanting to have it SMS my mobile number if activated. The instructions mention needing an SMS service provider - Any ideas?

SMS wise you will need a service provider, ie like your mobile.some of the mobile operators allow modem connections, but ideally you do need your own provider.

Final is the zone type you need for a front door, exit is for the hallway etc.

You will need resistors in your door contacts just the same.

Groups are differnet to part sets, and while you could use groups id advise using a partset and omit all the devices you want of. The PA cannot be omitted that way and will always be live if preogrammed as a PA.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Thanks mate.

Just overcome my first little issue, couldn't understand why I had a tamper on the bells when everything seemed ok - Lesson, remember to disconnect the Engineer Silence first!! :banghead:

Just spent ages loading in all the user name and device ID stuff - I bet you boys do all that with a lap top in a couple of minutes!!

Probably wasn't so clear on the front door thing, I only have a PIR on the hallway which leads to the front door, no door contacts - what do you recommend Final or Exit?

The garage door uses a 4 wire (2 and 2 spare I think) contact so I was just hoping to use the remaining two cores of my 6 to the garage PIR and connect them to the panel. So will I need 1K in the junction box for the garage door contact across the two wires?

I was just looking at BT for the SMS provider, apparently with a suitably equipped phone (Which I assume the dialer is) you can send SMS via your normal line. Sound feasible?

I drew the same conclusion on groups vs part/night sets - Thanks. :cheersbeer.gif

you will have to use final else everytime you come home your alarm will activate.

You wonly need 2 cores for the contact but you will need 2 resistors in it.

You can use a land line for SMS but you need somewhere to send em, and they then forward them, thats the service provider. You can probably use BT, or O2 or t mobile etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Excellent, thanks.

Well I believe I'm now getting somewhere which is good, over all it's been quite enjoyable.

Just one or two vagaries of the programming to deal with, I'm assuming it's prudent to modify the default codes, not come across it in the menu yet though.

Do I need to do anything to set up my PIR's at all?

Cool. One thing I was a little confused about was the AntiMasking and whether or not to remove the little bit of packing type stuff in there that covers the look down mirror.

Do you use the Zone Finder mode?

What is the aim of the walk test setup - Are we trying the make sure the device can 'see' the entire area that it's checking buy walking the extremities?

Archived