Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20 Install Questions

vrstu

Right - I'm soreted with the access problem now, managed to do a default and get the codes reset.

Hopefully one last question -

I don't subscribe to a monitoring service but I do want to use the SMS feature (Option 44 and Option 56/1/17)

If I put the Galaxy SMS centre number into my panel 56/1/17/2 and trigger the alarm I get a Line fault followed by SMS fault. As soon as I remove the number obviously no faults.

Can somene please please point me in the right direction with this, I get the feeling I am missing something quite basic here.

Thanks.

Have you tried using some different centre numbers? Try Google. What other settings do you have programmed in the SMS Paging menu?

Trade Member

I have entered a mobile number, the centre number, format is set to the default TAP, Site ID is just set as the first line of my address. UCP isn't set as I assumed it wasn't used when TAP is set.

Will any SMS message centre do or does it have to be Alarm specific.

Thanks

I'm new to the forum, and have been following this thread with interest - I'm resurrecting a wired installation (professionally installed 20 years ago) with a new Texecom panel, new door contacts where necessary, and an upgraded SAB. There are 5 PIRs and all seem to be working OK off the new panel, but given their age they might need to be replaced.

The existing SAB is a real bell + strobe but was bodged by the service engineer when I still had a maintenance contract (I found a Service Information Card inside the original panel which said 'Strobe found to be drawing >500mA, Strobe disconnected'), and I've got an Elmdene based SAB to replace it, but have not yet fitted it.

I've no problem with the basic connections to the SAB and will be able to install it by making the final +12V and BAT connections before fitting the cover. However, for a silent install I'd really like to be able to use the ENG connection that you mention vrstu - you seem to have got it to work.

My cable to the SAB is 6 core of which 5 are used for the basic connections, so would I be correct in thinking that I can bring the ENG connection down to the panel on the 6th core? This where there is a gap in my knowledge, as I'm not sure what to connect it to. My original plan was to test by temporarily mounting the SAB on a board inside the house and connecting up (so as not to annoy neighbours) and to look at what voltage (if any) there is on the ENG connection and then try connecting it to 0v. However, if you could enlighten me on this point and possibly avert a destroyed SAB I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance!

I used one of the 12v Aux outputs to supply +ve 12v to the Bell Eng on the 6th core of the cable as you say.

I found all the time this is connected +ve it will show a tamper so remember to disconnect it before you finish.

I used one of the 12v Aux outputs to supply +ve 12v to the Bell Eng on the 6th core of the cable as you say.

I found all the time this is connected +ve it will show a tamper so remember to disconnect it before you finish.

Many thanks! When there's a 50/50 chance of getting something right I usually fail, hopefully this time all will be well.

• 5 months later...

Archived