Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20 Install Questions

vrstu

Hi guys

I'm hoping you can answer a couple of questions I have regarding my DIY install.

Details are -

Pre-wired new build house

Galaxy 2-20 Panel

Galaxy KeyProx RKP

4 x Honeywell DT7550A DualTec PIR's

Panic Button

Possibly a Garage Door Contact - Not decided yet

Ok, so where are we then. Well I have the Panel mounted on the wall, nicely wired to a fused 3A supply and with all of the prewires into the back of the panel. The KeyProx is mounted at the point of entry and the BellBox prominantly at the front of the house.

My problems -

I'm only using the one RKP and the instructions, albeit not very clearly, mention a 680ohm(I think) end of line resistor - Do I need one?

As I only have the 4 PIR's and one Panic Button at the moment I intended to put each of them on their own zone, is this correct and if so do I need end of line resistors for each of the PIR's? There is a bag of 1Kohm resistors and one 680ohm that came with the panel.

It mentions several types of zone wiring, which should I use?

My SAB (Elmdene) has an optional Engineer input which I assume is to stop it from blowing your head off when you lift the bell box off it etc. Is there a suitable connection for this in the 2-20 panel?

One last thing (for now :whistle: ) - I want to protect my garage, initially I thought of using a PIR however I have concerns of false alarms caused by wind, would I be better to use a door switch, the aluminium type normally associated with industrial doors, and if so are these ok for use with domestic garage doors?

Your help is most appreciated

Thanks

Stu.

Excellent, thanks for the speedy reply Richard.

So the 680 across A and B of the RKP?

You say use the 1K's at the devices, so is that across the two terminals marked T in the PIR's?

What about the other, there are three terminals C, EOL (End of Line?) and NC(Non Contact?)

Hey vrstu, your panel will be factory default to see 1k closed and 2k open..

You will need 1leg of a 1k resistor in 1 t terminal then the next leg twisted with the next 1k resistor in the com terminal then the final resistor leg into nc.

one core of alarm cable in the spare t terminal and the other along with the final resistor leg.

Sorry guys I must be having a blonde moment because I'm none the wiser yet.

Can you elaborate on the connections in the PIR/Panel for the resistors please.

Edit - Just seen your reply tampertwo and I think I have that sussed now, thanks.

So I'll have a 1k between T and C, a 1k between C and NC and then connect two of the 6 cable cores, one connected to the vacant T and the other to the NC.

What other connections do I make to the PIR's and the panel please.

Any more on the other questions please?

If all this seems a bit :unsure:

Find a local installer. the programming will cause you even more problems. :whistle:

I'm sure I can manage the wiring, I'm a Marine Engineer by trade so pretty used to tracing faults and reading circuit diagrams on devices much more complicated than this however there is just no plausable or coherant information provided with this stuff, everyone assumes you know the basics of the circuit which I clearly dont.

Programming - Yeah you could have a point there, I've been reading up on that.

Archived