Security Installer Community

Adt Alarm - Accord Xpc Keyfob Won't Unset Alarm

Tbh i blame a lack of communication from the start. A low callout fee then you will be charged for parts and labour.................but you should have received a receipt on handing the money over.

Cheque bounces then well thats another problem where the company will call you and an arguement will arise!

I agree, communication is everything and although it is impossible to diagnose and quote for every repair over the phone an experinced engineer should be able to give a fairly accurate ball park figure for most things.

As an example if a customer called me and said every time he turned his power off his alarm sounded I could give him a figure for replacing the battery (best case scenario) and a price for replacing the panel (worst case).

That way both parties have realistic expectations and everybody is happy.

Guest anguscanplay
In law the OP hasn't got a leg to stand on but I think he has been overcharged, .
I don't think the total cost is unreasonable at all ...........

make your mind up man - LOL

make your mind up man - LOL

I knew I could rely on you to pick up on that mistake Angus! lol

I think what I meant to say was I can understand why the customer thinks he was ovecharged even though the price itself doesn't seem unreasonable.

It is only an opinion and if you don't like it I have others! lol

Guest anguscanplay
I knew I could rely on you to pick up on that mistake Angus! lol

I think what I meant to say was I can understand why the customer thinks he was ovecharged even though the price itself doesn't seem unreasonable.

It is only an opinion and if you don't like it I have others! lol

good man - LOL

you not appyling for trade membership then............?

good man - LOL

you not appyling for trade membership then............?

Well to be honest I would like to but I'm not really in the trade any more, I do the odd bit of contract work for a mate of mine so I suppose I could apply but he would never get around to replying to Admin to verify that I work for him!

I was recently tempted to get back into the industry but I recently got promoted and I'm on a reasonably good salary and in this area (Lincolnshire) I think it would be hard to get a similar package in the security industry. Having said that I do miss the industry and come on here in an effort to keep some knowledge and help out with older stuff if I can.

If I could get a job with similar pay I think I would be tempted!

Archived