Security Installer Community

Rentokil-Initial

Stal.

I beleive Initial is about to aquire a company in the south east, but who???

As for protec northern, never heard o them unless its fire?

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

This is the latest news from last night. Posted on the FT web site.

Looks like they won't buy too much until they sold something for cash, but once they've got some spare money.... :D

Rentokil set to reject break-up

By Andrea Felsted in London Aug 17 2004 21:35

Rentokil Initial, the business services group that ousted its chairman in May, is set to stop short of recommending a break-up when it unveils the outcome of its internal review.

Analysts and private equity groups had expected the sale of Rentokil's conferences and parcels delivery businesses, which do not fit with its core contract cleaning and pest control activities. The divisions had been valued by outsiders at between £550m and £650m.

Although Brian McGowan, Rentokil's new chairman, is not due to disclose the results of the review until next Thursday, it is believed he is not planning to announce that either business will be put on the market.

Rentokil is understood to have received several approaches for these businesses, leaving the door open for the group to sell the divisions if future offers are attractive enough.

Rentokil declined to comment on any aspect of the review. However, Mr McGowan, who became chairman after Sir Clive Thompson was ousted from the post, has said in the past that investors should not expect fireworks.

Stopping short of dismantling the group could disappoint some investors and analysts, who had hoped for at least a partial break-up after Rentokil parted company with Sir Clive, and subsequently with James Wilde, its chief executive. However, investors could be appeased by the fact that Rentokil could still entertain offers for the sale of these businesses.

The shares, which closed 3p higher at 157p on Tuesday, have risen by 14 per cent over the last month on expectations of at least the sale of conferences and parcels delivery, and possibly a wholesale break-up, enabling Rentokil to focus on its core hygiene business.

Keeping the group intact, at least for the time being, is likely to prompt speculation that Rentokil has been unable to obtain high enough prices for the conferences and parcels delivery operations. However, it could save Mr McGowan from accusations that he has followed a strategy set out by Sir Clive.

Sir Clive has said he favoured selling off the conferences and parcels divisions and using the proceeds to make acquisitions in Rentokil's core areas of security and hygiene, or return cash to shareholders. This policy was not supported by the Rentokil board, although Mr McGowan denies there was a disagreement over strategy.

It would also leave decisions over the structure of the group to the new chief executive, for whom a search has begun. However, Mr McGowan will be keen to avoid the fate of Hays, which spent 15 months searching for a chief executive and suffering in tough markets before agreeing to sell all its businesses apart from recruitment.

tyco (//.National Installer.//) sell incontinence pants....

Initial seem to support aritech and have somekind of interest in GE?

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Initial have recently aquired Alpha Alarms manchester. They 'were' a well established company with an excellent reputation for customer service and working conditions.

not any more!

:0)

If you don't know......ask.

tyco (//.National Installer.//) sell incontinence pants....

Initial seem to support aritech and have somekind of interest in GE?

James

20816[/snapback]

ive heard they own most of it...as modern did with scantronic....

BTW: Protec Alarms in Rochdale, Oldham (Ken Morris) is now part of the Rentokil/Intial empire.

I waited 5 days for this answer, much appreciated. My interest is due to the fact that we tend to receive more enquiries when an installer in our area sells out. I agree about the Alpha situation a good company gone, a competitor for who I had the utmost respect.

Jef

Customers!

Face lads, one day you will be working for //.National Installer.// or Intial  :no:

You're probably right! I think I might just start up on my own.....give them a bit of competition!

:whistle:

Face lads, one day you will be working for //.National Installer.// or Intial  no.gif

Not me cause if the big boys buy my one Im of to retire somwhere sunny :w00t:

Pete :lol:

21004[/snapback]

:lol:

Quite right, can't fault you.

Archived